Windows 10: Local Network

Discus and support Local Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 laptops on a local network but while both are shown and connected on one laptop, only one is open, to be connected on the other laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Seamus020135, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Local Network

I have 2 laptops on a local network but while both are shown and connected on one laptop, only one is open, to be connected on the other laptop, despite the fact that the missing one is listed under other devices as not connected

:)

Seamus020135, Sep 3, 2019

2. Cannot install local/network HP 1102 printer. administrator keeps blocking app.

Hi Chris,

• Is your Printer connected to a Local network or Domain network?
    • Do you get any error message?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs here as well.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Local Network

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Local Network :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Local Network

1. Local Network - Similar Threads - Local Network

2. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!: Symptoms: You can see one PC from another device, but you cannot access it. The error I had was 0x80070035 & something along the lines of "network path not found".FIX: Control Panel -> System and Secutiry -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound AND Outbound rules...
  3. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!: Symptoms: You can see one PC from another device, but you cannot access it. The error I had was 0x80070035 & something along the lines of "network path not found".FIX: Control Panel -> System and Secutiry -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound AND Outbound rules...
  4. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to fix bad local network connections?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix bad local network connections?: When I try to use my desktop for mostly any local internet connection it doesn't connect to the device properly or at all. An example of this would be using a quest 2 with air link but it being very delayed. It does connect to it but with high latency, my computer handles the...
  6. How to fix bad local network connections?

How to fix bad local network connections?: When I try to use my desktop for mostly any local internet connection it doesn't connect to the device properly or at all. An example of this would be using a quest 2 with air link but it being very delayed. It does connect to it but with high latency, my computer handles the...
  7. No internet, secured. Local network only problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet, secured. Local network only problem: I tried everything on this forum. I still have internet connection problem.Window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-secured-local-network-only-problem/98c712e6-4050-428c-b307-857dbb87512e
  8. No internet, secured. Local network only problem

No internet, secured. Local network only problem: I tried everything on this forum. I still have internet connection problem.Window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-secured-local-network-only-problem/98c712e6-4050-428c-b307-857dbb87512e
  9. Can't connect to the internet because your current IP address is for a local network only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to the internet because your current IP address is for a local network only.: I updated my windows desktop last night and now I can't use the internet with it. It's wired to the router through two daisy-chained network switches, and I've had no issues up until now. Additionally, I have a work laptop running on the same network switch, and it is able to...
  10. Can't connect to the internet because your current IP address is for a local network only.

Can't connect to the internet because your current IP address is for a local network only.: I updated my windows desktop last night and now I can't use the internet with it. It's wired to the router through two daisy-chained network switches, and I've had no issues up until now. Additionally, I have a work laptop running on the same network switch, and it is able to...