Windows 10: Local Networking Fails after Sleep

Discus and support Local Networking Fails after Sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of the supposed fixes in the 1809 update was for the long-reported failure of computers unable to see each other on a local network. Well, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TCMan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. TCMan Win User

Local Networking Fails after Sleep

One of the supposed fixes in the 1809 update was for the long-reported failure of computers unable to see each other on a local network.

Well, it's NOT fixed!

Whenever one or other computer sleeps the network connection fails, making a reboot the only remedy.

All the previously reported fixes available on here have been tried and failed.

Solution... don't let any computers sleep, then it's OK, but that's not a fix in my book!

Such a basic issue, yet Microsoft are unable (or unwilling) to correct the problem.

Of course, this never happened with HomeGroup. Remember HomeGroup, the networking feature that actually worked, and which Microsoft in its infinite dumbness removed!

:)

TCMan, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Cannot install local/network HP 1102 printer. administrator keeps blocking app.

Hi Chris,

• Is your Printer connected to a Local network or Domain network?
    • Do you get any error message?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs here as well.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Local Networking Fails after Sleep

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Local Networking Fails after Sleep

1. Local Networking Fails after Sleep - Similar Threads - Local Networking Fails

2. Apps that access local network servers fail after KB5028948 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps that access local network servers fail after KB5028948 update: Hi,This just started happening after running "Second Copy 8" backup software for years now Yet second copy can access the windows mapped backup server .14 to create the profile used to run the backup These updates were recently installed: And the backup server shows files...
  3. Apps that access local network servers fail after KB5028948 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps that access local network servers fail after KB5028948 update: Hi,This just started happening after running "Second Copy 8" backup software for years now Yet second copy can access the windows mapped backup server .14 to create the profile used to run the backup These updates were recently installed: And the backup server shows files...
  4. Networking seems to fail after windows wakes up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Networking seems to fail after windows wakes up from sleep.: [ATTACH] Lately, this problem has been plaguing me. I do not know when it started as I don't usually leave my PC on for this long. I use ethernet and once I awake my PC from sleep, the network adapter immediately breaks. In the system tray, it becomes a globe with a cross...
  5. Wifi fails to power on after Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi fails to power on after Sleep: A few days ago I encounter a strange case on my Panasonic CF-53 CI 5, Centerino N-6205. After sleep I got 'WiFi Turned off , come back after 1,2,4 hour ,auto, the only way it returns to work is by turned the wifi switch off then on, with every time it come back from sleep...
  6. Windows Sleep Fail After Waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Sleep Fail After Waking: Windows 10 Home (OS Build 18363.900) CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti DirectX 12 ZT-P10710C-10P 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 MB: ASUS ROG Strix X470-F RAM: 4 x 16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V - F4-3200C16D-32GVK SSD: WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2...
  7. Local network

Local network: Since Microsoft removed HomeGroup I have been unable to connect my computers for File and Printer sharing. I have made sure all the settings are correct, I have found various suggestions about Services, none of which help. This is very frustrating, why can't they leave well...
  8. After "Sleep" fails to log in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After "Sleep" fails to log in: Have set my Win 10 system to go to sleep after 1 hour of inactivity. But on occasions after this time I am not able to log back in. Have to turn off machine 7 start again. is this a known problem? How can I cure it?...
  9. local network

local network: My local network does not have "homegroup" in has another group "2network" is there a way to add homegroup to this computer so I can logon to my existing network, my other computers are running win10 and win7....
  10. Sleep fails after winupdate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep fails after winupdate: Win10 Pro v1903 Cumulative .Net update and Cumulative Win10 uodate (kb4517389) on 2019/10 since then Power sleep has failed, screen goes off but disks remain on line, Reset Power settings had no change. Trouble Shooter finds no issues...