Windows 10: Local Password changed from mine to my Microsoft password.

Discus and support Local Password changed from mine to my Microsoft password. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, I am running Win 10 on a PC and suddenly the local password to log on to the computer changed from my local PW to the PW for my Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gene1000, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Gene1000 Win User

Local Password changed from mine to my Microsoft password.

Hello all, I am running Win 10 on a PC and suddenly the local password to log on to the computer changed from my local PW to the PW for my Microsoft account. Why? I tried everything to change it back, but no luck. Can anyone help? Thanks.

:)

Gene1000, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 27, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Local Password changed from mine to my Microsoft password.

local password

Hi AJ,

In order to sign in with your local password, you need to set your computer to sign in with your local account instead of your Microsoft account. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your account.
    • In the right pane, click the option Sign in with a local account instead.
    • To confirm that you authorize the changes, enter the password for your Microsoft account, then hit
      Next.
    • On the Switch to a local account page, input your local user name and password.
    • Click Next to sign out from your Microsoft account and sign back in using your local account.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Local Password changed from mine to my Microsoft password.

1. Local Password changed from mine to my Microsoft password. - Similar Threads - Local Password changed

2. Local Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Password: I pulled an old computer out of storage to see if it had files I was looking stored on it. It is not connected to internet, and asks me for local password. I don't have that any longer. How can I reset password? I believe it is a Windows 10 machine. Thank You...
  3. Scheduler Tasks local password vs Microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scheduler Tasks local password vs Microsoft password: Hello. I've recently created a 'shutdown' task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler and it seems to be running ok. If I tweak the settings it fires up an error message but clearing them still seems to save the changes e.g. changing the end process time from 3 days to 1 hour if task...
  4. Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?: I hadn't used Skype in a while, so when I logged into it to do a radio show interview, it required a password reset. Evidently, when I reset my Skype password, it also reset my Microsoft account password. Does that mean for all devices? I tried the help desk and got no...
  5. If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?

If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?: My brother got a new laptop and I have his old one. Basically, I want to change the password but I think it might change his microsoft password. I have had this laptop for a year and I don't want to make a new account with my email because there is way to much stuff on this...
  6. Microsoft changing my password

Microsoft changing my password: I`m sorry if this isn`t the right topic but I couldn`t find anything else more appropiate , so here I go . I created a microsoft account to use skype like years ago , but since I moved to other apps I am not using skype anymore , therefore not using microsoft that much...
  7. Local password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local password: i am locked out of laptop i thought it was set to use my outlook password. But will mot accept. Is there a way to reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-password/72cb5f6c-f030-4529-ace5-aebe2ac28d8d
  8. change Microsoft password

change Microsoft password: I hear Microsoft has been hacked again. I want to change my password. Is the procedure the same as when one forgets one's password. Please provide link. Many thanks...
  9. local password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local password: I just created local password on my windows 10 XPS and keep getting message that my password is incorrect, which it is not. I wrote it in my hint. I tried to follow troubleshooting directions to get to safe mode and try resetting my options but computer won't go to safe...
  10. Local Account Password changed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Password changed: Hi, I have linked my Windows 10 app store to a BT provided email address. After rebooting it has asked me to login. It has changed my local account from my name to my BT email address and asking for a password. This is not my normal password and has seemed to link my BT...