Windows 10: Local PC disappears from Network list in Explorer, but still accessible? Why?

Discus and support Local PC disappears from Network list in Explorer, but still accessible? Why? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two PCs on my network, and I have my old PC set up to share several folders. Normally, in Explorer under the Network tab, I see both PCs listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/argent_pixel, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Local PC disappears from Network list in Explorer, but still accessible? Why?

I have two PCs on my network, and I have my old PC set up to share several folders. Normally, in Explorer under the Network tab, I see both PCs listed (OFFICE-NEW, OFFICE-OLD), but for the last few days, the OFFICE-OLD PC just disappears from the Network list. I can still access it if I type the location in the address bar (\\OFFICE-OLD) so it's not losing connection, it's just disappearing inside of explorer for some stupid reason. I've tried messing with services and searched all over but can't find an answer to this specific issue. This started happening before the 1909 update as I only just updated to it today in an effort to resolve this issue. Anyone experience this before?

submitted by /u/argent_pixel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/argent_pixel, Nov 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Explorer can't access local network

Hi Melvin,

We would like to get more information to properly sort out the problem that you've encountered. Help us verify the following:

• Is this the only computer that is unable to access your local network?
    • Did you get any error messages when trying to access the local network?
    • Have you enabled homegroup?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 15, 2019
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Nov 15, 2019
  4. wortex Win User

Local PC disappears from Network list in Explorer, but still accessible? Why?

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Local PC disappears from Network list in Explorer, but still accessible? Why?

1. Local PC disappears from Network list in Explorer, but still accessible? Why? - Similar Threads - Local disappears Network

2. PC is not reachable from local network but still has internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is not reachable from local network but still has internet access: I have 3 win 11 PCs and they all are connected on my local network. This HP PC normally works fine but about every 3 days it is not reachable through my network, The PC does not lose internet access but my other PC cannot reach the this PC Ping does not work. The other PC...
  3. PC is not reachable from local network but still has internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is not reachable from local network but still has internet access: I have 3 win 11 PCs and they all are connected on my local network. This HP PC normally works fine but about every 3 days it is not reachable through my network, The PC does not lose internet access but my other PC cannot reach the this PC Ping does not work. The other PC...
  4. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network disappearing from list: On my Asus laptop windows 10, my wifi network keeps disappearing from the list of available networks. It happens when I use my laptop almost anywhere at home except on my desk. Sometimes it'll connect for a bit but then it'll disappear for 5 or 10+ minutes then reappear and...
  5. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi network disappearing from list: On my Asus laptop windows 10, my wifi network keeps disappearing from the list of available networks. It happens when I use my laptop almost anywhere at home except on my desk. Sometimes it'll connect for a bit but then it'll disappear for 5 or 10+ minutes then reappear and...
  6. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer Only 2 of the...
  8. Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list: I have 8 computers on my local network. Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computercan access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer BUT only 2 of the computer list all of the computers on the...
  9. no local pc's listed under "Network"...

no local pc's listed under "Network"...: Well, to make a long story short, i finally got the list of PC's on my home network to show up under the Network folder in file manager. I had lost everything except media devices. Had to reset the network a couple times to get everything back again. I only have 2 PC's on the...
  10. Home network has disappeared from network list

Home network has disappeared from network list: I have two devices connected to my home wireless network, my phone and my laptop. Recently my network has disappeared from the laptop's list of networks. This did not happen with my phone, which works fine. By disappeared I mean my home network cannot be discovered by my...