Windows 10: Local print spooler service is not running

Discus and support Local print spooler service is not running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an error message when printing, and this only started since the last Windows 10 update a few days ago. It says "The local print spooler service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TCF99, Nov 12, 2020.

1. TCF99 Win User

Local print spooler service is not running

I have an error message when printing, and this only started since the last Windows 10 update a few days ago. It says "The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine."

I have stopped, then restarted the spooler. I have installed the last Windows updates. I have rebooted the PC and rebooted the Canon printer wired; USB. I have deleted and reloaded the Canon printer driver. This printer will scan no problem and save to the PC so cable is not an issue, although I tried a replacement cable anyway. It will copy OK. And - importantly - it will print using a different PC. I don't want to replace the printer since it is working. The issue seems to be the print spooler.

:)

TCF99, Nov 12, 2020

2. print spooler is not running".

Prior to installing the Windows 10 upgrade my printers (Lexmark X5470 and Canon MG 5520) worked great. Now neither will print, copy, or scan as I receive a message the "print spooler is not running". I went into services, view local services and restarted
    the spooler numerous time, but after each restart, I receive another message "the print spooler is not running". I have downloaded the current software and drivers for the printers, but after restarting the spooler the message still come up "the print spooler
    is not running." There are no error codes associated with the message.

These printers are compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 Pro, but are they not compatible with Windows 10?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Changing the title

Old title – Printer spooler

New title- print spooler is not running".

David G in VA, Nov 12, 2020
  3. JIng_1618 Win User
    Print Spooler Service Not Running

getting Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable.

Windows Print Spooler Service could not be started

tried suggestion one, but stop button is not available when I go to Print Spooler

JIng_1618, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Rich S_16 Win User

Print spooler shuts down, can no longer print from a Dell laptop running Windows 10.

Thank you for the rapid response.

Method 1 led back through the diagnostics, which determined that the "print Spooler service isn't running"

, as we knew. It then led to re-installing the printer and restarting the computer.

After the restart, the print spooler service still was not running.

After the computer was restarted, an attempt to manually start the spooler service resulted in

" Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on the local computer. ERROR 1067. the process terminated unexpectedly."

METHOD 2: as advised, I checked the dependencies for the print spooler service.

Listed were: HTTP Service and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

The Remote Procedure Call was listed in the Services and was indicated to be running.

HTTP Service was NOT LISTED. Should it show up somewhere else, or is this the problem ?

Any suggestions ?

thanks.

Rich S

Rich S_16, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Local print spooler service is not running - Similar Threads - Local print spooler

2. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Print spooler not running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print spooler not running: I am using windows 10 home 64 bit with an Epson WF- 4630 printer. Every thing was working great last week, but now can not print anything. I find that my print spooler service is not running per problem asked on Microsoft. How can this problem be fixed? Any help?...
  6. Print Spooler not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Spooler not running: The Print spooler service can not run. It comes up with an error 193. All dependancie services are running. When I look in the Event Viewer I see a message that says "This version of Spooler is not compatible with the version of windows your running" Is there a way to...
  7. "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Local print spooler service is not running. Please...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Local print spooler service is not running. Please...: I am running Windows 10, and I have installed all available updates through 10/04/2019. Since installing 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4524147) on 10/4/2019, I have been unable to print to either my physical printer or to a...
  8. Print Spooler Service is Not Running

Print Spooler Service is Not Running: My computer stopped being able to print suddenly, and I am getting the Print Spooler Service is Not Running error. I have an HP ENVY 4250 that I attempted to remove (and it's drivers) including a multitude of locations based on recommendations here. However it is still...
  9. The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Print Spooler Service is responsible for managing print jobs which are in turn meant for the printer to handle. If this service ceases to work, the printer won’t print documents and it might be that the system won’t detect [...] This post The Print Spooler...
  10. "Print Spooler service isn't running"

"Print Spooler service isn't running": For some reason, my printer doesn't show up in applications such as Microsoft Word or Libre Office, although I'm sure that it's connected properly to the computer because it still lets me scan documents. When I troubleshoot the printer, I get this error message: "The Print...