Windows 10: Local Printer Redirection to Remote Desktop for Mac Not Working After Spooler Service Patch

Discus and support Local Printer Redirection to Remote Desktop for Mac Not Working After Spooler Service Patch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone,Hope you are doing well and safe. Recently I have noticed that a lot of people who are using the Microsoft Remote Desktop Application for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Martin'Ivanov, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Local Printer Redirection to Remote Desktop for Mac Not Working After Spooler Service Patch

Hi Everyone,Hope you are doing well and safe. Recently I have noticed that a lot of people who are using the Microsoft Remote Desktop Application for Mac, no matter the version of macOS or Microsoft RDP App, whenever trying to redirect local printers that are perfectly working on the Mac computer, nothing actually happens...The option for redirecting printers and devices in connection settings is selected and any printers should be redirected, however about a week ago, exactly when the Urgent Security Patch for the Print Spooler Service was released, the redirection of local printers has stopp

:)

Martin'Ivanov, Jul 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 is not redirecting my printer during a remote desktop session

First thank you for your response.

• Both systems (local and remote) have the same latest printer driver downloaded from the manufacturer.
    • When I mentioned that the issue was resolve on previous opportunities, I was referring to another occasion with a different printer and other versions of Windows and Hardware, but with a similar redirection problem.

Its Remote Desktop that sensitive to different driver version on each side, I was always with the impression that the local system will share its printer drivers (provided that the printer local resource is checked) to the remote system when the local printer
    was not configured on the remote system. In my case, my local printer was not configured on the remote system, and the redirection never worked, that when I decide to create a dummy printer on the remote system with the same drivers, but it didn'y worked either.

Hope this information helps you have a better picture of the scenario.

Yours,

Juan Santaella

Juan Andres Santaella, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Reddiyar Win User
    Remote Desktop redirected printer is not printing

Dear Respect,

Thanks in Advance,

In the Remote Desktop, Client local printer redirected, But Print Document is not printing on local printer.

What may be reason.

Same printer if i share and use, it is working

Client Machine having windows 10 version, RDP. and Access machine having Server 2012r2

Please and Thanks

Reddiyar, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Local Printer Redirection to Remote Desktop for Mac Not Working After Spooler Service Patch

Local printer disappeared in Windows Remote Desktop after upgrading (local) computer to Windows 10

My local printer has disappeared from Windows Remote Desktop after I upgraded the local computer to Windows 10. I am connecting to a system running Windows 7, and would like to print from this, using a local printer.

I can see a redirected PDF driver but not the printer driver, and I cannot find an obvious way to reinstall the local/redirected printer for use during the remote desktop session.

I would be grateful for any suggestions anyone might have.

Best wishes,

Kristian

Kristian Gleditsch, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Local Printer Redirection to Remote Desktop for Mac Not Working After Spooler Service Patch

1. Local Printer Redirection to Remote Desktop for Mac Not Working After Spooler Service Patch - Similar Threads - Local Printer Redirection

2. Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions: Hello.My team is making some changes on the server infrastructure and we are going through a real pain trying to redirect printers.We have an old server which is working fine and redirecting the printers without any problem.We copied the same settings but in Windows Server...
  3. Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions: Hello.My team is making some changes on the server infrastructure and we are going through a real pain trying to redirect printers.We have an old server which is working fine and redirecting the printers without any problem.We copied the same settings but in Windows Server...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac v10.7.5 - Issue with Redirect Folders Not Available or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac v10.7.5 - Issue with Redirect Folders Not Available or...: Hello!I'm trying to find an answer for this issue we have in our environment. I've tried internet searching the issue, but there seems to be very little on this issue. Our users are experiencing issues to where the local folders they would like to redirect in an AVD session...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac v10.7.5 - Issue with Redirect Folders Not Available or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac v10.7.5 - Issue with Redirect Folders Not Available or...: Hello!I'm trying to find an answer for this issue we have in our environment. I've tried internet searching the issue, but there seems to be very little on this issue. Our users are experiencing issues to where the local folders they would like to redirect in an AVD session...
  6. Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac v10.7.5 - Issue with Redirect Folders Not Available or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Printer Spooler service renamed to just Spooler service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer Spooler service renamed to just Spooler service: We have a Windows 10 computer that is unable to print as the Print Spooler service is not running and will not start. When I look in Services, I see that the Printer Spooler service is renamed to just Spooler service. Any suggestions on how this could have happened? Is...
  8. Remote desktop printer redirection not working until reboot, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop printer redirection not working until reboot, Windows 10: Hi, I have an important employee who is working from home and using a redirected printer with Remote Desktop. Will print via work machine, but will then print out at home. The redirected printing will often stop working until the host system is rebooted. Then it works for a...
  9. Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop: Hello, I'm trying to get sound redirection working through the remote desktop app. Both the remote and client PC are running windows 10 with the remote running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. Both have working sound on their own, but not when connected via remote desktop....
  10. Remote Desktop redirected printer is not printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop redirected printer is not printing: Dear Respect, Thanks in Advance, In the Remote Desktop, Client local printer redirected, But Print Document is not printing on local printer. What may be reason. Same printer if i share and use, it is working Client Machine having windows 10 version, RDP. and Access...