Windows 10: Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Discus and support Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I didn't have this issue on any of the test work computers that I upgraded so I thought hey might as well do my home computer as well. After the 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roblinb, May 28, 2019.

1. roblinb Win User

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

I didn't have this issue on any of the test work computers that I upgraded so I thought hey might as well do my home computer as well.

After the 1903 upgrade was finished and I logged on (username/password still worked so that's something) I noticed that my wallpaper was gone and some of my shortcuts (everything on the taskbar was default, including icons that I had removed such as Windows store and mail) were missing. My USB wifi adapter also did not work but I believe that USB problems are a known issue.

Anyways to make this issue even more fun, when I set up everything again and rebooted... it all reverted back to the default wallpaper and the new shortcuts that I created disappeared again.

Has anyone experienced this yet? I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle last night so I just rolled back to the previous version for now.

:)

roblinb, May 28, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, May 28, 2019
  4. seth350 Win User

Help Selecting Upgrade Please

Thanks for the suggestion. All of the specs are listed in my profile.
    PSU is 330W

seth350, May 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903 - Similar Threads - Local profile issue

2. Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load: Hello,We are running Windows 11 22H2 on our Azure-joined laptops in our environment. We are having an issue where user profiles are not loading correctly and going into a backup state. It then tries to load a temporary user profile but that also fails to load. The user just...
  3. Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load: Hello,We are running Windows 11 22H2 on our Azure-joined laptops in our environment. We are having an issue where user profiles are not loading correctly and going into a backup state. It then tries to load a temporary user profile but that also fails to load. The user just...
  4. Local Profile Issues After Build Upgrades

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local Profile Issues After Build Upgrades: Hello, Noticed a couple of annoying things with a recent build upgrade from 1803 to 1903. The local profile seemed broken. Start menu wouldn't work etc. But when you logged in under a local user (domain machine) you could remove the domain user locally and it would return...
  5. Feature upgrade to 1903 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Feature upgrade to 1903 issue: My Dell Inspiron 5759 laptop started off with an early version of Windows 10 and automatic upgrades have updated it as MS required. I think it was 1809 that started giving me trouble, Windows would load up to the desktop, show the desktop shortcuts, many without icons, no...
  6. Logon password issue after upgrade to 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logon password issue after upgrade to 1903: Hi, Finally got around upgrading my stand-alone W10 PRO box to build 1903. Upgrade went smoothly, as I expected. However...... After the upgrade I'm allowed to login ONE TIME using my password that I've been using eversince the inception of Windows 7 (and even before...
  7. WiFi connection issue after 1903 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection issue after 1903 upgrade.: Hello All I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. which went through OK using my WiFi connection at home. how ever after upgrade my WiFi connection shows all WiFi network available but when I try to connect after entering the password it get disappear and I will have...
  8. A couple of issues after upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A couple of issues after upgrade to 1903: after update to 1903 i dont see the pop up when i have finished downloading a torrent. i also dont see the "safe to remove device" when i unplug an external usb drive. how do i change back the notification area like it was before updating to 1903? 136789
  9. sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10): Hello, After the windows 10 pro 1903 update in May I am having issues when my dell e7250 system goes to deep sleep. System: E7250 Intel HD Graphics 5500 Docking Station Dell 2405FPW I have an external monitor connected to the system through a dell docking station....
  10. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903: I didn't have this issue on any of the test work computers that I upgraded so I thought hey might as well do my home computer as well. After the 1903 upgrade was finished and I logged on (username/password still worked so that's something) I noticed that my wallpaper was...