Windows 10: Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Discus and support Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I didn't have this issue on any of the test work computers that I upgraded so I thought hey might as well do my home computer as well. After the 1903... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by roblinb, May 31, 2019.

1. roblinb Win User

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

I didn't have this issue on any of the test work computers that I upgraded so I thought hey might as well do my home computer as well.

After the 1903 upgrade was finished and I logged on (username/password still worked so that's something) I noticed that my wallpaper was gone and some of my shortcuts (everything on the taskbar was default, including icons that I had removed such as Windows store and mail) were missing. My USB wifi adapter also did not work but I believe that USB problems are a known issue.

Anyways to make this issue even more fun, when I set up everything again and rebooted... it all reverted back to the default wallpaper and the new shortcuts that I created disappeared again.

Has anyone experienced this yet? I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle last night so I just rolled back to the previous version for now.

:)

roblinb, May 31, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, May 31, 2019
  4. seth350 Win User

Help Selecting Upgrade Please

Thanks for the suggestion. All of the specs are listed in my profile.
    PSU is 330W

seth350, May 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903 - Similar Threads - Local profile issue

2. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  3. A couple of issues after upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A couple of issues after upgrade to 1903: after update to 1903 i dont see the pop up when i have finished downloading a torrent. i also dont see the "safe to remove device" when i unplug an external usb drive. how do i change back the notification area like it was before updating to 1903? 136789
  4. Couldn't login after 1903 upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Couldn't login after 1903 upgrade: Login screen background was displayed. No mouse pointer, keyboard ignored except for Ctrl-Alt-Del in which case the password entry field appears, but I couldn't type into that password field, so cannot login *Sad Arrghhh! I thought we'd got past this sort of issue. I...
  5. Windows 10, 1903 upgrade issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, 1903 upgrade issues: I have tried updating to 1903 from 1803 several times keeping my programs intact. Each time I do I run into the following problems: 1) When I right click the windows icon on the bottom left and bring up the menu with "Apps and Features" several items will not open, including...
  6. sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10): Hello, After the windows 10 pro 1903 update in May I am having issues when my dell e7250 system goes to deep sleep. System: E7250 Intel HD Graphics 5500 Docking Station Dell 2405FPW I have an external monitor connected to the system through a dell docking station....
  7. Window 10 upgrade 1903 issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 upgrade 1903 issues: New HP laptop Window 10 purchased December 2018. Received all the updates and was up to date. Last week downloaded and installed up date 1903. Since this download I have all kinds of flaky issues, Can not open Microsoft Store and any of the other installed apps. I get a...
  8. disk space after upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk space after upgrading to 1903: hi, I have read that in 1903, Microsoft decided to reserve like 7GB of space for updates... Is there a way to choose if I want to or not? I have less space in the C drive then in the previous versions of Windows....
  9. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903: I didn't have this issue on any of the test work computers that I upgraded so I thought hey might as well do my home computer as well. After the 1903 upgrade was finished and I logged on (username/password still worked so that's something) I noticed that my wallpaper was...
  10. Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Migrate Locale Profile to Domain: Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how to migrate a local profile to a domain profile without software? I have some Windows 10 computers that are setup as workgroups, but we need to move them to the company domain. I want to ensure that users don't lose their files, settings,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to sign into local account windows 10 1903

2. windows 10 1903 local account

3. windows 10 1903 oob setup local domain account

4. windows 1903 always log in with local account,
  5. how to use previous profile after update on to Win 10 1903,
  6. windows 10 1903 domain profile error,
  7. windows 10 1903 cannot log into user profile after update,
  8. color profile not loaded after 1903 update,
  9. how to sign into windows 10 local account 1903,
  10. 1903 windows profile error,
  11. mail profiles in 1903,