Windows 10: Local reinstall

Discus and support Local reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've recently wanted to reinstall win 10 as its running snappy. I've tried cloud reinstall but failed, my pc was win 8 when i bought it and i updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChungBrady, Jul 22, 2021 at 9:12 AM.

1. Local reinstall

I've recently wanted to reinstall win 10 as its running snappy. I've tried cloud reinstall but failed, my pc was win 8 when i bought it and i updated it to win 10. Will the local reinstall win 8 or 10? Pls reply asap

:)

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Local reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

4. Local reinstall

Unable to access Local Disks (CLocal reinstall :), (DLocal reinstall :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 22, 2021 at 9:17 AM
Thema:

Local reinstall

1. Local reinstall - Similar Threads - Local reinstall

2. Login Screen flashing after adding domain user as local admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Screen flashing after adding domain user as local admin: I have a brand new computer Updated to latest version of Win 10 PRO. Brand new AD user account just created. I was able to login just fine without any issue. Once I added the user account as a local admin and logged the user back in, The screen just continually flashes and I...
  3. Remotely connecting to Desktop from a non-local LAN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remotely connecting to Desktop from a non-local LAN: Hello there! As the title says I want to remotely connect to my desktop from my laptop from a different LAn connection not the local one. I already enabled the remote connection and it worked superb on local LAN. But when I forwarded my port through wifi and everything step...
  4. I have chosen to sell my pc so I am resetting windows and chose reinstall it locally with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have chosen to sell my pc so I am resetting windows and chose reinstall it locally with...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LemonsRage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxm3q8/i_have_chosen_to_sell_my_pc_so_i_am_resetting/
  5. I want to reinstall Local Area Connection *9, and * 10,Microsoft wifi direct virtual...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to reinstall Local Area Connection *9, and * 10,Microsoft wifi direct virtual...: I want to Reinstall these 2 adapters back into operational use. They are still listed in my "hardware and connection properties,and it states "Not operational",and "Disconnected. I'm not a computer WIZ but I'm getting there. Can someone explain how to do this in a step by...
  6. reinstall local data files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reinstall local data files: How do I reinstall local data files on windows operating system 10? I keep getting this error when I am trying to refresh my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-local-data-files/85d0bd37-94cb-472c-bcb2-773b7120c339
  7. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  8. reinstall Windows (no option to create local user account?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall Windows (no option to create local user account?): hi there: I had an issue with my device where I had to reinstall Windows last week. When it got to the point about creating an account, there is no option where I can choose user account. The only option I got was to use my Microsoft account. Did Microsoft take out that...
  9. Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch

in Windows 10 Support
    Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch: I have just carried out a reinstall of Windows10. Explorer shows two OneDrive folders - one on my D drive (the one I want) and one above the "This PC" line. The one on the D drive shows all the files to be shared with the cloud OneDrive. The cloud OneDrive shows all these...
  10. Will my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10: Hi, Is it safe to use Local Disk (D*Smile as my backup storage? i don't have an extra HDD so i want to transfer my files from (C*Smile to (D*Smile instead but i'm worried Windows might delete them if i do the reinstallation. 36200