Windows 10: Local Security Authority Process consuming memory - Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Local Security Authority Process consuming memory - Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC Dell XPS 8910 started running out of memory every time I started it. I'm on Windows 10 Pro V 10.0.19041 Build 19041. When I run Task Manager I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeterKaramitsos, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Local Security Authority Process consuming memory - Win 10 Pro

My PC Dell XPS 8910 started running out of memory every time I started it.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro V 10.0.19041 Build 19041. When I run Task Manager I find that the Local Security Authority Process is taking up 3.6GB of memory 16GB total and memory is up to 80% or more usage. Nothing else is using more than 200MB. Every time I try to run a program or a browser they keep crashing and I get a message "insufficient memory" .

The 3 processes running are: Credential Manager, Security Accounts Manager, CNG Key Isolation

I've tried running SFC Scannow twice and it didn't find any issues. I also ran DISM and it found nothing wrong.
    I'm running Kaspersky Total Security and ran a scan. It didn't find anything.
    Any other ideas of how I can troubleshoot this?
    Thanks

:)

PeterKaramitsos, Feb 28, 2021

2. The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation.

Hi Dinny,

Error "The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation" may occur due to a system file corruption. For us to properly
    assist you, provide more information by answering these questions:

• May we know what prompted you to install UC browser?
    • Are you using a local or Microsoft account to sign in on your computer?
    • Aside from using Malwarebytes Adwcleaner, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 28, 2021
  3. roberto99 Win User
    Memory at 100% and consumer not visible

Local Security Authority Process consuming memory - Win 10 Pro [​IMG]

Here you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! It is Avast, AvastSvc.exe - my antivirus - and it grows and grows and grows... what do you suggest?

Local Security Authority Process consuming memory - Win 10 Pro [​IMG]

roberto99, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Cybot Win User

Local Security Authority Process consuming memory - Win 10 Pro

Service Host: Local Service consuming all availible physical memory at login

I have a laptop with 8.0 Gb of memory, but I have noticed after login while the desktop is loading up all the way the SVCHOST.exe entry for Local Service consumes almost all my memory available, growing to 4Gb in size. but after everything settles down,
    and everything is loaded up (startup programs, etc.) the size used by the process shrinks down to around 11.0 Mb. I have watched it during this activity and 7.9 Gb gets consumed in total before it starts to settle down. normal amount of memory consumed by
    the system (at idle on the desktop) is around 3.2 Gb with 4.6Gb available. Is it normal for so much memory to be consumed after logging into windows?

Processes controlled by Service Host: Local Service

COM+ Event System

Connected Device Platform

Diagnostic Service Host

Function Discovery Provider Host

Network List Service

Network Store Interface Service

Windows Font Cache Service

Windows License Manager Service

WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service

Cybot, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Local Security Authority Process consuming memory - Win 10 Pro

1. Local Security Authority Process consuming memory - Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Local Security Authority

2. High cpu usage by Local Security Authority Process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu usage by Local Security Authority Process: High. I have a gaming pc and I recently formatted it.I have windows 10 pro and it's updated to 22H2.I noticed when using task manager that Local Security Authority Process uses 12% CPU at all timesI checked that the process is legit and it's not a virus. it can't be a virus...
  3. High cpu usage by Local Security Authority Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu usage by Local Security Authority Process: High. I have a gaming pc and I recently formatted it.I have windows 10 pro and it's updated to 22H2.I noticed when using task manager that Local Security Authority Process uses 12% CPU at all timesI checked that the process is legit and it's not a virus. it can't be a virus...
  4. High cpu usage by Local Security Authority Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. local security authority

local security authority: just updated to "Update for Windows Security platform antimalware platform - KB5007651 Version 1.0.2303.28002" on 4/5/23in windows security it says action needed and local security is turned off i dismiss that is that okay?...
  6. local security authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local security authority: just updated to "Update for Windows Security platform antimalware platform - KB5007651 Version 1.0.2303.28002" on 4/5/23in windows security it says action needed and local security is turned off i dismiss that is that okay?...
  7. Local Security Authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority: Just like me where many are having the same issue as I am as to a patch on the Local Security Authority which when clicked gives the notice that action needs to be taken.The answer I am getting from Microsoft is that a future update should resolve the issue too which as of...
  8. Local Security Authority

Local Security Authority: Just like me where many are having the same issue as I am as to a patch on the Local Security Authority which when clicked gives the notice that action needs to be taken.The answer I am getting from Microsoft is that a future update should resolve the issue too which as of...
  9. Local Security Authority Process extremely high memory and disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority Process extremely high memory and disk: A couple of weeks ago, LSAP started taking up around 10-20 gb of memory, and logging in also started taking an insane amount of time. However, after around 10 minutes of being logged in, LSAP goes down to around 1/2 gb. Is there any reason why LSAP should be taking up that...
  10. Local Security Authority Process extremely high memory and disk

Local Security Authority Process extremely high memory and disk: A couple of weeks ago, LSAP started taking up around 10-20 gb of memory, and logging in also started taking an insane amount of time. However, after around 10 minutes of being logged in, LSAP goes down to around 1/2 gb. Is there any reason why LSAP should be taking up that...