Windows 10: Local Security Authority protection is off but it's on

Discus and support Local Security Authority protection is off but it's on in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, The latest of fun W11 bugs has hit me. Windows Security is telling me Local Security Authority protection is off - but actually it's on. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sopa Moto, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Sopa Moto Win User

Local Security Authority protection is off but it's on

Hello, The latest of fun W11 bugs has hit me. Windows Security is telling me Local Security Authority protection is off - but actually it's on. So I switch it off and on and restart the system but the warning is still there. I have done this maybe 10 times but the warning is always there. What is the fix for this?Thanks

:)

Sopa Moto, Feb 24, 2023

2. Local Security Authority Protection

I have the security Action badge indicating to me that Windows security Action is required.

I open up by clicking the badge and see the notice that the Local Security Authority Protection is required to be turned on and restart the computer to which I perform those two actions.

After my computer is reloaded the Security Badge still requires me to turn Local Security Authority Protection on, as I have already done.

Kenneth

KennethYoung5, Feb 24, 2023
  3. Ben L21 Win User
    Windows Security Bug - Local Security Authority Protection Not Registering a System Restart

After I uninstalled Avira Antimalware, I got an alert from Windows Security that my Local Security Authority Protection was turned off. But after I turned it on and restarted as instructed, I continue to get the same alert that my Local Security Authority Protection is turned off, even though within the same window, the toggle switch under the "Local Security Authority Protection" heading displays that it's already turned on.

Additionally, at the same time that this bug appeared, I've also started to get an old Windows bug where if I try to open File Explorer from the taskbar, the entire taskbar would crash and restart every time (though I can open File Explorer from the Start menu without issue).

Any help resolving either bug would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ben L21, Feb 24, 2023
  4. Local Security Authority protection is off but it's on

The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation.

Hi Dinny,

Error "The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation" may occur due to a system file corruption. For us to properly
    assist you, provide more information by answering these questions:

• May we know what prompted you to install UC browser?
    • Are you using a local or Microsoft account to sign in on your computer?
    • Aside from using Malwarebytes Adwcleaner, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 24, 2023
Thema:

Local Security Authority protection is off but it's on

1. Local Security Authority protection is off but it's on - Similar Threads - Local Security Authority

2. Local Security Authority Protection is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority Protection is off: I was advised to open Local Security Authority Protection but I can't figure out how to open it and I can't follow the internet, in my regedit there is no file named RunAsPPL please help....
  3. Local Security Authority protection is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority protection is off: I always see this issue. I even tried formatting my system but after sometime this issue appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-authority-protection-is-off/3e5b13ce-8648-4277-b699-64522de4b112
  4. Local Security Authority Protection is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority Protection is off: Hello,I got on my 1 week old rig that I built. I had this message from Microsoft defender about this Local Security Authority Protection being off. I tried installing a new update to see if it would fix but it has not. I read another forum online saying I needed to fix...
  5. Local Security Authority protection is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority protection is off: An update for Windows was available yesterday 3/20/2023. I installed the update and now I am getting a yellow triangle with a ! in it under Device security. I open Windows Security and find Local Security Authority protection is off. Your device may be vulnerable. And...
  6. Local security authority protection is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local security authority protection is off: The LAS protection is now off. There is no toggle to turn back on. When I try to go to settings, it tells me the page is unavailable. I tried the powershell advice given for another answer, and that doesn't work as this computer is in S Mode and not a verified app, so can't...
  7. Local security authority protection is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local security authority protection is off: The LAS protection is now off. There is no toggle to turn back on. When I try to go to settings, it tells me the page is unavailable. I tried the powershell advice given for another answer, and that doesn't work as this computer is in S Mode and not a verified app, so can't...
  8. Local Security Authority Protection Is Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority Protection Is Off: Hi, brand new PC. Built it myself.Hit with some weird bugs.I did a Google search that led me here. It says to check the motherboard settings gigabyte and so I checked the settings in the motherboard and all were as they were supposed to according to the Google search.I also...
  9. Local Security Authority Protection Is Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Authority Protection Is Off: Hi, brand new PC. Built it myself.Hit with some weird bugs.I did a Google search that led me here. It says to check the motherboard settings gigabyte and so I checked the settings in the motherboard and all were as they were supposed to according to the Google search.I also...
  10. Local Security Authority protection is off but it's on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority protection is off but it's on: Hello, The latest of fun W11 bugs has hit me. Windows Security is telling me Local Security Authority protection is off - but actually it's on. So I switch it off and on and restart the system but the warning is still there. I have done this maybe 10 times but the warning is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my local security authority protection keep popping