Windows 10: Local Security Authority Protection is off. I can't switch it on after windows update on...

Discus and support Local Security Authority Protection is off. I can't switch it on after windows update on... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I recently updated my windows 11 pc and can not turn on the local Local Security Authority Protection nor can I access the core isolation page.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JH_0914, Mar 16, 2023.

1. JH_0914 Win User

Local Security Authority Protection is off. I can't switch it on after windows update on...

Hello I recently updated my windows 11 pc and can not turn on the local Local Security Authority Protection nor can I access the core isolation page. Virus scan has brought up nothing, so there seems to be an issue with the recent updates. Can anyone assist?

:)

JH_0914, Mar 16, 2023

2. Local Security Authority Protection

I have the security Action badge indicating to me that Windows security Action is required.

I open up by clicking the badge and see the notice that the Local Security Authority Protection is required to be turned on and restart the computer to which I perform those two actions.

After my computer is reloaded the Security Badge still requires me to turn Local Security Authority Protection on, as I have already done.

Kenneth

KennethYoung5, Mar 16, 2023
  3. Ben L21 Win User
    Windows Security Bug - Local Security Authority Protection Not Registering a System Restart

After I uninstalled Avira Antimalware, I got an alert from Windows Security that my Local Security Authority Protection was turned off. But after I turned it on and restarted as instructed, I continue to get the same alert that my Local Security Authority Protection is turned off, even though within the same window, the toggle switch under the "Local Security Authority Protection" heading displays that it's already turned on.

Additionally, at the same time that this bug appeared, I've also started to get an old Windows bug where if I try to open File Explorer from the taskbar, the entire taskbar would crash and restart every time (though I can open File Explorer from the Start menu without issue).

Any help resolving either bug would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ben L21, Mar 16, 2023
  4. Local Security Authority Protection is off. I can't switch it on after windows update on...

Local Security Authority protection is off (but it's on)

Hello, I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

Try these fixes for Windows 11 Local Security Protection is off error, when it is not off:

1) We cannot take a chance on infection when Windows Security is impaired at all. Here is how to do the most thorough disinfection to make sure any infection is found and properly cleaned up, and then fix any System Files it damages: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

2) If the problem remains then try these fixes for the error which worked for others:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Four ways to enable it here by MVP Shawn Brink, Admin of Eleven Forums:

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable...

(The great thing about MVP Shawn Brink's tutorials is that he is normally the best expert on the subjects he writes about, and is usually easily accessible in the Comments section of his tutorials where you can contact him if you need further help.)

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back, I will have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

Local Security Authority Protection is off. I can't switch it on after windows update on...

1. Local Security Authority Protection is off. I can't switch it on after windows update on... - Similar Threads - Local Security Authority

2. Local Security Authority protection is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority protection is off: I always see this issue. I even tried formatting my system but after sometime this issue appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-authority-protection-is-off/3e5b13ce-8648-4277-b699-64522de4b112
  3. Local Security Authority Protection is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority Protection is off: Hello,I got on my 1 week old rig that I built. I had this message from Microsoft defender about this Local Security Authority Protection being off. I tried installing a new update to see if it would fix but it has not. I read another forum online saying I needed to fix...
  4. Local Security Authority protection is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority protection is off: An update for Windows was available yesterday 3/20/2023. I installed the update and now I am getting a yellow triangle with a ! in it under Device security. I open Windows Security and find Local Security Authority protection is off. Your device may be vulnerable. And...
  5. Local security authority protection is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local security authority protection is off: The LAS protection is now off. There is no toggle to turn back on. When I try to go to settings, it tells me the page is unavailable. I tried the powershell advice given for another answer, and that doesn't work as this computer is in S Mode and not a verified app, so can't...
  6. Local security authority protection is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local security authority protection is off: The LAS protection is now off. There is no toggle to turn back on. When I try to go to settings, it tells me the page is unavailable. I tried the powershell advice given for another answer, and that doesn't work as this computer is in S Mode and not a verified app, so can't...
  7. Local Security Authority Protection Is Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority Protection Is Off: Hi, brand new PC. Built it myself.Hit with some weird bugs.I did a Google search that led me here. It says to check the motherboard settings gigabyte and so I checked the settings in the motherboard and all were as they were supposed to according to the Google search.I also...
  8. Local Security Authority Protection Is Off

Local Security Authority Protection Is Off: Hi, brand new PC. Built it myself.Hit with some weird bugs.I did a Google search that led me here. It says to check the motherboard settings gigabyte and so I checked the settings in the motherboard and all were as they were supposed to according to the Google search.I also...
  9. Local Security Authority Protection is off. I can't switch it on after windows update on...

Local Security Authority Protection is off. I can't switch it on after windows update on...: Hello I recently updated my windows 11 pc and can not turn on the local Local Security Authority Protection nor can I access the core isolation page. Virus scan has brought up nothing, so there seems to be an issue with the recent updates. Can anyone assist?...
  10. Local Security Authority protection is off but it's on

Local Security Authority protection is off but it's on: Hello, The latest of fun W11 bugs has hit me. Windows Security is telling me Local Security Authority protection is off - but actually it's on. So I switch it off and on and restart the system but the warning is still there. I have done this maybe 10 times but the warning is...