Windows 10: Local Security Policy Reset After Updates

Discus and support Local Security Policy Reset After Updates in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I manage a standalone Windows 10 Pro laptop that has its own local auditing policies. It has never touched a domain so has no AD policies over-riding... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tech207, May 29, 2020.

1. Tech207 Win User

Local Security Policy Reset After Updates

I manage a standalone Windows 10 Pro laptop that has its own local auditing policies. It has never touched a domain so has no AD policies over-riding the local policies. The policies are set in secpol.msc. When an update is applied some items are reset to the default, not all though. Password policy and account lockout policy stay with the modified settings, but the Audit Policies such as Logon Events and Privilege Use all are reset to No Auditing after updates. Any ideas why the policies aren't sticking?

:)

Tech207, May 29, 2020
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, May 29, 2020
  3. Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, May 29, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hello Jackie,

To answer your question on how to access/obtain Local Security Policy, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you logged in to your computer as an administrator?
    • What edition of Windows 10 are you using? (e.g. Home, Pro, or Enterprise)

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Local Security Policy Reset After Updates - Similar Threads - Local Security Policy

2. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Local security policy: Hello,Im looking to make some changes to my devices password policy.But when i try and make changes to the anything under the password & account lockout policy, all the fields arent editable.Ive looked to see if the same issue is prevalent on other users, but i found thats...
  3. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Local security policy: Hello,Im looking to make some changes to my devices password policy.But when i try and make changes to the anything under the password & account lockout policy, all the fields arent editable.Ive looked to see if the same issue is prevalent on other users, but i found thats...
  4. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  6. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  7. reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2: After not upgrading my home Windows for quite a time, yesterday I tried starting 21H2 upgrade.3 hours of blue background counter, it said that there was a failure with error code, which has no specific description in MSDN.But the problem is not in that.After the setup has...
  8. local security policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local security policies: i am unable to find local policies . i have tried gpedit.msc or secpol.msc but an error message occures every time . what do i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-policies/a1fcf504-90ad-4780-a8c1-8afd19e7e6e0
  9. Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local security policy: I am having trouble accessing my Local security policy settings, I am logged in as the administrator the secpol.msc command does not work and cannot be found by the OS. Is this feature disabled on windows 10 home? and if so why?...
  10. Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows: How to: Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows How to Reset All Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows [img] Information Local Security Policy (secpol.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in with rules that administrators...