Windows 10: local server drives not available on new user

Discus and support local server drives not available on new user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a new user for myself, but I frequently need access to our local online drives. with the new user I don't see them in my file explorer. on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brett Jones (brettj), Dec 3, 2018.

1. local server drives not available on new user

I created a new user for myself, but I frequently need access to our local online drives. with the new user I don't see them in my file explorer. on the old user they are still there. How do I get access to them on the new one? local server drives not available on new user e9ef0ca4-e316-4404-a39e-c975bcb769ab?upload=true.jpg

Old user local server drives not available on new user 13f233f5-3460-49cd-81bc-550adcc77c8e?upload=true.png

New user

:)

Brett Jones (brettj), Dec 3, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 3, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Dec 3, 2018
  4. local server drives not available on new user

Microsoft Sudoku not available to other users

Hi Larry,

Thank you for responding.

As Microsoft account has an issue, I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter from my previous post and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, the account might have got corrupted.

I suggest you to convert the Microsoft account to local account, and convert newly created local account (with no issues)to Microsoft account to transfer the user content.

Step 1: To convert the Microsoft account to local account, you can do the following:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want to set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Step 2: To convert Local account to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • On the newly converted Local account (with no issues), click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 3: Once the newly created local account is converted to Microsoft account, you can log-in with this account, try to access
    This PC and copy the contents from the old user account to a newly created user account.

Steps:

• Press Windows + E, click on
      This PC in the left pane.
    • Double click on C: drive (Usually where the operating system is being installed)
    • Double click on Users and older user profile folder.
    • Copy all the content from that user profile to the newly created user profile.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

local server drives not available on new user

1. local server drives not available on new user - Similar Threads - local server drives

2. Windows Local user not available for log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Local user not available for log In: Suddenly after yesterday, I am not able to find the other local accounts on my computer. I have a local admin account which I had made for work and another account linked to my hotmail. The account that is linked to hotmail is only accessible and visible for login, Other...
  3. Windows Local user not available for log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Local user not available for log In: Suddenly after yesterday, I am not able to find the other local accounts on my computer. I have a local admin account which I had made for work and another account linked to my hotmail. The account that is linked to hotmail is only accessible and visible for login, Other...
  4. Unable to create new local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create new local user account: I'm on my Windows 10 Home PC logged in as Administrator local user and trying to create a new standard local user. I go to settings -> accounts -> other users I select "Add someone else to this PC" and it comes up with a new window headed "Local Users and Groups" telling me...
  5. Moving Local Drives To A New Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Local Drives To A New Laptop.: My new laptop has only a Local Disk C, while my old one has C, E and F. Can I and if yes, then how do I move Local disk E and F alone from my old laptop to the new one?...
  6. transfer digital license to a new hard drive with - local users no MS account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer digital license to a new hard drive with - local users no MS account: Hi I have 3 computers that were recently upgraded to win 10 from win 7 & 8 via digital license. These pc's were infected with ransomware last week and we are changing hard drives. How does we transfer the license to the new windows install if the clients do not have a...
  7. Can't access to new local user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access to new local user: I reinstalled windows and it was a proper clean install. I decided to go to a LAN party and give one my laptop to a friend. I thought it is going to be better to make local user account because I only need for one day. I made local user account but it doesn't work. I can...
  8. My new Local users doesn't show.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My new Local users doesn't show.: I have a new Laptop with windows 10, where I have set up my main user with my work account. I need a local user too , which I have created, but I don't see it on the start window. How can I see this local user?...
  9. New Local User Not Appearing on Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Local User Not Appearing on Logon Screen: I am having an issue with trying to add new local users in windows 10. I went into accounts/other people and add someone else to this pc and created a new local administrator. However when i log out or attempt to switch user no others appear in the bottom left apart from a...
  10. Can't create a new local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...