Windows 10: Local Service cannot start Audiosrv even with full control permission

Discus and support Local Service cannot start Audiosrv even with full control permission in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem that audio doesn't play for any devices. The problem seems to be that the Audiosrv is not running. I gave a full control permission... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yuu Jinnai, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Local Service cannot start Audiosrv even with full control permission

I have a problem that audio doesn't play for any devices.

The problem seems to be that the Audiosrv is not running.

I gave a full control permission on Audiosrv to LOCAL SERVICE from regedit.

I tried to run Audiosrv with Local Service account, but it gives error 0x8007005.

I restarted like 4 times. I also ran chkdsk /f, but still cannot run.

I could ran Audiosrv by local system account but that didn't enable the audio.

:)

Yuu Jinnai, Mar 29, 2019
  2. TorYrd Win User

Windows Audio Service (Audiosrv)

I have inadvertently changed the Log On for the Audio Service (Audiosrv) to Local System account on my PC. On my laptop, under the Log On tab of the Windows Audio Properties (local Computer) dialogue box, the "this account" radio button is checked, with
    Local Service in the box alongside, and strings of asterisks in the Password and Confirm Password boxes. On my PC, if I check the "This account" button, the box alongside is blank, but the asterisk strings are there. I've tried typing "Local Service" in the
    blank box, but it then says "Please enter a valid Password" when I click Apply. Any help to get it back to "normal" would be much appreciated. Win 10 Pro, Version 1709 Build 16299.98.

TorYrd, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Igor Win User
    Volume Shadow Copy Service - Security Permission Error

The fix is to update the Launch and Activation Permissions for the Volume Shadow Copy Service. I saw that CrashPlan is using a VBScript file to start an executable. After finding out what user the executable is running under using a list of processes running on my PC in the Task Manager I added that user to the Launch and Activation Permissions with all 4 permissions checked. This solved the problem.

Steps to add the user to the permissions:

This was only possible after taking ownership (security setting) of the registry key. To do that follow these steps I found on this blog:

1. Run Regedit.exe and browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{56BE716B-2F76-4DFA-8702-67AE10044F0B} key
    2. Secondary-mouse click on the {56BE716B-2F76-4DFA-8702-67AE10044F0B} key and select Permissions
    3. Click the Advanced button in the Permissions window and select the Owner tab. Under Change owner to select the local Administrators group and click on Apply, then OK.
    4. Then under Permissions window, select the local Administrators group and under Permissions for Administrators select Full Control and click on Apply, then OK.

4. Local Service cannot start Audiosrv even with full control permission

xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Local Service cannot start Audiosrv even with full control permission

1. Local Service cannot start Audiosrv even with full control permission - Similar Threads - Local Service cannot

2. I cannot take full control of folders even as the administrator; how to fix

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot take full control of folders even as the administrator; how to fix: Even as the administrator on my Windows 10 Pro 64bit pc and system builder of my pc I cannot change files from read only; it will act like it is applied; to include acting like it is scanning and applying to files in folders; but after exiting the file properties after...
  3. I cannot take full control of folders even as the administrator; how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot take full control of folders even as the administrator; how to fix: Even as the administrator on my Windows 10 Pro 64bit pc and system builder of my pc I cannot change files from read only; it will act like it is applied; to include acting like it is scanning and applying to files in folders; but after exiting the file properties after...
  4. Full control permissions and Access rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full control permissions and Access rights: I accidentally applied deny permissions on the c: drive. Now I can not open the C: drive and the printer can't connect, worse off the I cannot enable the wifi adapter. I tried several solutions to noavail. When I double click on the C: a message pops up saying access denied....
  5. Full control permissions and Access rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full control permissions and Access rights: I accidentally applied deny permissions on the c: drive. Now I can not open the C: drive and the printer can't connect, worse off the I cannot enable the wifi adapter. I tried several solutions to noavail. When I double click on the C: a message pops up saying access denied....
  6. Full control permissions and Access rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions: Hi guys! I have an external drive with a lot of files (about 2,000,000 files). For about 500 of them (which are all located in sub-folders of the same folder), Windows 10 says I don't have the permissions to access the files no matter which application I use to try to open...
  8. File says it's read only, even though permissions are set to full-control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File says it's read only, even though permissions are set to full-control: Hi, I"m trying to clear out the properties on some photos & video files, but I'm getting the error message "This item is read-only. It cannot be modified." The permissions were set to "read & execute" & "read." Even after I modified every group and user to have full...
  9. High cpu usage because of "Audiosrv" service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu usage because of "Audiosrv" service: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64. There is a service named "Windows Audio" using my cpu too much. I right-clicked on it and clicked "Details" and saw that it's because of a service named "Audiosrv. There is a picture below. I tried to format my SSD and re-install Windows 10,...
  10. Task Scheduler Cannot be Started in Services - Local Computer is not available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Cannot be Started in Services - Local Computer is not available: Many have asked and have been answered, but it says that I do not have the correct Windows to complete. I have Windows 10 Home Fast Ring THANKS! Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Date: 9/15/2018 3:23:42 AM Event ID:...