Windows 10: Local Services in Windows 10

Discus and support Local Services in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a program on my computer and at times it fails. In the past, I would just type "local services" in the white search box and then hit return and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yok3233, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Yok3233 Win User

Local Services in Windows 10

I have a program on my computer and at times it fails. In the past, I would just type "local services" in the white search box and then hit return and it would take me directly to my local services. There I would have to stop all six services and then restart them.

However, about three weeks ago, I had to reset the program by doing what I stated above. But when I typed "local services" in the white search box, it would only come up with websites on the internet. Now I have NO idea as to how to get to the local services that I need.

Please help me out on this, someone.

Thanks,

Yok3233

:)

Yok3233, Aug 20, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Local Services in Windows 10

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Local Services in Windows 10 :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Local Services in Windows 10

1. Local Services in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Local Services

2. Windows could not start the windows search service on Local Computer Error 21: The device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the windows search service on Local Computer Error 21: The device...: Windows could not start the windows search service on Local ComputerError 21: The device is not ready.I will add pictures, i can't directly upload here it gives me some error, sorry for that , i uploaded to prnt.scPhotoWhen i go to the event viewer i see the error i get...
  3. Windows could not start the windows search service on Local Computer Error 21: The device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not start the windows search service on Local Computer Error 21: The device...: Windows could not start the windows search service on Local ComputerError 21: The device is not ready.I will add pictures, i can't directly upload here it gives me some error, sorry for that , i uploaded to prnt.scPhotoWhen i go to the event viewer i see the error i get...
  4. Windows could not start the windows search service on Local Computer Error 21: The device...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I add Dell Client Management Services to my Services Local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add Dell Client Management Services to my Services Local: I had to reset my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 3567 Laptop. Now, I am missing the Dell Client Management Service from Services Local. As a result, I can't download updates from my Dell SupportAssist program....
  6. How do I add Dell Client Management Services to my Services Local

How do I add Dell Client Management Services to my Services Local: I had to reset my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 3567 Laptop. Now, I am missing the Dell Client Management Service from Services Local. As a result, I can't download updates from my Dell SupportAssist program....
  7. How do I add Dell Client Management Services to my Services Local

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...: HiMy PC rebooted in an endless loop,I have a blue screen which says "The local session manager service failed the sign-in. The RPC server is unavailable".Then the second screen informs me the pc will restart, once restarted it just attempts to log-in then loops again.I did...
  9. Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...

Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...: HiMy PC rebooted in an endless loop,I have a blue screen which says "The local session manager service failed the sign-in. The RPC server is unavailable".Then the second screen informs me the pc will restart, once restarted it just attempts to log-in then loops again.I did...
  10. Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen