Windows 10: Local Session Manager and Domain Logins

Discus and support Local Session Manager and Domain Logins in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Bought two new laptops (Lenovo Yogas) both came pre installed with windows 10 Pro. I have two users who can log in to their domain accounts while on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kenneth Richter, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Local Session Manager and Domain Logins

Bought two new laptops (Lenovo Yogas) both came pre installed with windows 10 Pro. I have two users who can log in to their domain accounts while on our network however when they go anywhere else it states that they cannot find our domain. Our AD is configured to allow domain login using stored credentials however they receive an error that the domain is not available. Here's where it gets really odd, if I have them log in locally and shut off the wifi then reboot it allows them to connect using their domain credentials and then turn their wifi back on to vpn and connect to our network again. Any ideas??

:)

Kenneth Richter, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Local Sessions Manager

Hi Carol,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

Did you make any changes on your computers recently?

Are the computers on domain?

Do the computers boot to desktop or get stuck at
    "Waiting for Local Session Manager" screen?

Local Session Manager (LSM) is a Win32 service, which starts automatically when the operating system starts. It is a core Windows Service that manages local user sessions. Stopping or disabling this service
    will result in system instability.

Local Session Manager cannot be started if the following services are disabled, deleted or working improperly.

DCOM Server Process Launcher.

Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

RPC Endpoint Mapper.

To help you better with this issue, please get back to us with answers to the questions listed above.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 7, 2019
  3. MACIT26 Win User
    MACIT26, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Provost Win User

Local Session Manager and Domain Logins

Domain and Local account login

On our other domain joined laptop, (ones without a local account) the domain account remains ready to login to. Is that cached?

Provost, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Local Session Manager and Domain Logins

1. Local Session Manager and Domain Logins - Similar Threads - Local Session Manager

2. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  3. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  4. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  5. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  6. Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Session Manager: Hello, this might be a long question Few month ago i did a tweak using an apps named "Hone", and tomorrow after i tweaked my laptop, when it boot it just says local session manager, i can boot the laptop normally but, what is Local Session Manager?, and why when i tried to...
  7. Local Sessions Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Sessions Manager: Why does Local Sessions Manager start up on some Windows 10 laptops and not on other s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-sessions-manager/dd20f674-80c1-4ffa-b863-10a8e821cb80
  8. Domain and Local account login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain and Local account login: Hello, I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well. When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have...
  9. Please wait for Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Please wait for Local Session Manager: Windows 10 Home on an older eMachine. Customer was trying to do something with "PCMatic" he just saw on TV and thought it might help his PC without checking with his computer IT guy, me. Somehow, he really got the Start screwed up and the PC boots first to : "Please...
  10. "Waiting for Local Session manager"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Waiting for Local Session manager": Using a Dell Laptop with W10 ver 1607 64 bit 2 out of 3 times my Laptop will start quickly and what I think of as normal. Then the other times it start, and for a long time no screen activity at al … though I can see there is HDD activity, it can be 5 mins or more then it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. LSM Local Session Manager