Windows 10: Local setting folder not accessible

Discus and support Local setting folder not accessible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Home, version 1810. I have administrator privileges and I want to go into the Local settings folder to change my.cnf file, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackieJones6, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Local setting folder not accessible

I am using Windows 10 Home, version 1810. I have administrator privileges and I want to go into the Local settings folder to change my.cnf file, I see this error message: C:\Users\user \Local settings is not accessible. Access is denied. Why am I getting this message and how can I change it?

:)

JackieJones6, Feb 15, 2019

2. Remote access to my (local) server's folders

I am running a simple local fileserver. Windows based.

I would like to access (load, save, modify) what's on this server when I am away on business trips. Laptop -- internet -- router - server

What is the best way to do this? Setup WebDAV or ftp-server or something else? I would prefer direct access, ie. being able to load/save from an application rather than using ftp as a separate step.

Completely Bonkers, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Ross211 Win User
    Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, Feb 15, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Local setting folder not accessible

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Local setting folder not accessible

1. Local setting folder not accessible - Similar Threads - Local setting folder

2. Remove default set folders in "Controlled folder access"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove default set folders in "Controlled folder access": With the increasing popularity of ransomware, I've decided to activate the built in Controlled folder access feature within Windows 10.I however do not store my personal files the ones I want to have protected in the default place Windows provides so I added these.However, I...
  3. Local Settings folder denied access to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Settings folder denied access to: Hi. So basically i just want to know why I am denied acces to the Local Settings folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-settings-folder-denied-access-to/8952d915-e568-4d0b-8254-7d01d098355a
  4. can not access share folder on local area network

can not access share folder on local area network: it's a brand new workstation / business laptop from hp with the most current updates trying to add this to our local area network w. server 2008 r2 all workstations are working fine. lan is fully functional this new workstation can access the internet it can ping the ip...
  5. No more access right on the local OneDrive folder

No more access right on the local OneDrive folder: Hello, Something very stange, i can access the local OneDrive folder but impossible to manage the files. Eachtime it tells me that i need local admin rights i'm already local admin. Impossible also to give access to the OneDrive app when i reinstall it. Does someone know...
  6. Can't access desktopserver folder from local machine

Can't access desktopserver folder from local machine: Good Morning, Afernoon or Evening. Having an issue with a network computer today, after using the computer successfully over the weekend, when logging in this morning nothign has been restarted since last using the desktop in the office can no longer access the desktop...
  7. THEMES shows in setting but not in theme folder inside local folder!

in Windows 10 Customization
    THEMES shows in setting but not in theme folder inside local folder!: I have windows 10 Ent has themes showing in setting but while i am trying to find in C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes no files found related to themes files name Please advice how to trace that themes files...
  8. Can't access 'system' folder in settings

Can't access 'system' folder in settings: I have had this issue going on for a while now and I think it may have something to do with when I added my work or school email accounts to my pc and it forced their policies. I have checked local policies and group policies and can't find anything that would restrict this....
  9. Gaining access to "All User" folders as local administrator

Gaining access to "All User" folders as local administrator: New to Windows 10 (new computer 3 days old!), but already needing help. I chose to create only a local account, and am the sole user, hence administrator. Nevertheless, I am prevented from accessing "Documents," "Start Menu," and several other folders under "All Users."...
  10. couldn't access shared folders via local network

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    couldn't access shared folders via local network: After a clean install of Windows 10 (1709 RS3) Fall Creators Update 16299.15 i couldn't access shared folders via local network. 95870

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. local settings is not accessible windows 10

3. c:users\davey\local settings is not accessible access denied win 10