Windows 10: Local Settings folder denied access to

Discus and support Local Settings folder denied access to in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. So basically i just want to know why I am denied acces to the Local Settings folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartinStojić, May 14, 2021.

1. Local Settings folder denied access to

Hi. So basically i just want to know why I am denied acces to the Local Settings folder.

:)

MartinStojić, May 14, 2021

2. "Access denied" on folders after upgrade to Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1. I am the only user on the computer and I am an administrator. I am getting an "access denied" error when I try to view several folders. Although there are only a couple I wanted to view, I checked them all to determine
    how extensive the problem was. Access is denied to the following folders:

USER\APP DATA\LOCAL\APPLICATION DATA

USER\APP DATA\LOCAL\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES

USER\APPLICATION DATA

USER\LOCAL SETTINGS

USER\MY DOCUMENTS

USER\NETHOOD

USER\PRINTHOOD

USER\SENDTO

USER\START MENU

USER\TEMPLATES

WINDOWS8_OS\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS

WINDOWS8_OS\PERFLOGS

WINDOWS8_OS\\RECOVERY

WINDOWS8_OS\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION

When I check COMPUTER MANAGEMENT>LOCAL USERS AND GROUPS\USERS, I find that I'm listed as an administrator with permissions. When I right click on any of these folders, and go to Properties, I'm listed as having full control of the folder. Out of curiosity,
    I tried denying permission to view the folder, and I got the dreaded "access denied" message again. I've tried various suggestions found in this forum to no avail. (I'm an Administrator on windows 8 but still get Access Denied. How do I get full access?
    http://www.addictivetips.com/window...s-folder-and-change-permissions-in-windows-8/ )

I'm almost certain that the solution to this problem does not ln modifying anything via the context menu for each folder because every variation on making changes there has resulted in this error message:

Error Applying Security

An error occurred while applying security information to:

C:\Users\Username\Cookies

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

I'm exasperated. Any good suggestions?

Shirley Ujest, May 14, 2021
  3. Local setting folder not accessible

I am using Windows 10 Home, version 1810. I have administrator privileges and I want to go into the Local settings folder to change my.cnf file, I see this error message: C:\Users\user \Local settings is not accessible. Access is denied. Why am I getting
    this message and how can I change it?

JackieJones6, May 14, 2021
  4. Jose Est Win User

Local Settings folder denied access to

Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Local Settings folder denied access to

1. Local Settings folder denied access to - Similar Threads - Local Settings folder

2. Local disk access denied!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local disk access denied!: Hello. I am running Windows 11 and I have got this error in my local disk. I cannot access it and it shows my access is denied. I uninstalled some programs which were taking up space before this error suddenly popped up.Because of this error when I did a restart the desktop...
  3. Local disk access denied!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local disk access denied!: Hello. I am running Windows 11 and I have got this error in my local disk. I cannot access it and it shows my access is denied. I uninstalled some programs which were taking up space before this error suddenly popped up.Because of this error when I did a restart the desktop...
  4. local Admin access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local Admin access denied: local Admin access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-admin-access-denied/bcd317bd-3be6-4344-a1e3-73cf0b65c8fe
  5. local Admin access denied

local Admin access denied: local Admin access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-admin-access-denied/bcd317bd-3be6-4344-a1e3-73cf0b65c8fe
  6. Denied Folder Access

Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  7. Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  8. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  9. Local disk access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local disk access denied: I accidentally deleted the SYSTEM user profile in local disk. Now, I cannot access the local disk. It even doesn't show the storage bar in the file explorer. What should I do?...
  10. Local setting folder not accessible

Local setting folder not accessible: I am using Windows 10 Home, version 1810. I have administrator privileges and I want to go into the Local settings folder to change my.cnf file, I see this error message: C:\Users\user \Local settings is not accessible. Access is denied. Why am I getting this message and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open local settings folder in windows 10