Windows 10: Local Sharing

Discus and support Local Sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have spent almost two weeks to have my two computers talkto each other so i can share files between them I have done everything under the sun I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kosta SI, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Kosta SI Win User

Local Sharing

I have spent almost two weeks to have my two computers talkto each other so i can share files between them

I have done everything under the sun I believe and noresults.

In one point I was able to see both computers then I probablydid something and now I only see one computer in both of my computers.

And now I am at the “local Area Connection” and Under Propertiesdon see anything that says sharing but everything I am reading say should be atab saying sharing.

I need help please to solve this issuer.

Kosta

Name: Local AreaConnection 3

Description: RealtekPCIe GBE Family Controller

Physical address MAC: d8:cb:8a:50:2b:4c

Maximum transmission unit: 1500

Link speed Receive/Transmit: 1000/1000 Mbps

DHCP enabled: Yes

DHCP servers: 192.168.10.1

DHCP lease obtained: ‎Wednesday,‎April ‎14, ‎2021 6:35:59 AM

DHCP lease expires: ‎Wednesday,‎April ‎14, ‎2021 12:35:59 PM

IPv4 address: 192.168.10.34/24

IPv6 address: fe80::80ba:93a6:4519:9e51%19/64

Default gateway: 192.168.10.1

DNS servers: 192.168.10.1,8.8.8.8

DNS domain name: fios-router.home

DNS connection suffix: fios-router.home

DNS search suffix list: fios-router.home

Network name: Network 4

Network category: Private

Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Connectedto Internet / Connected to unknown network

Device name THEBURN-PC9

Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

Device ID 2AA49F03-A8E4-4C67-B1E6-7EE47C6B01FC

Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA054

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎4/‎11/‎2021

OS build 19042.928

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

Kosta SI, Apr 14, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Sharing folder in local machine with everyone, but it still doesn't works correctly

Hi Moozy,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to Shared Folders troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Shared Folders.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Local Sharing

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Local Sharing

1. Local Sharing - Similar Threads - Local Sharing

2. No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS: Good dayI have a user that is having issues with her shared drive. This is a mapped drive that gets pushed through GPO. The strange thing is that when she uses the RDS or AVD session her access is there and she can read/write. It's only on her local machine that the problem...
  3. No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS: Good dayI have a user that is having issues with her shared drive. This is a mapped drive that gets pushed through GPO. The strange thing is that when she uses the RDS or AVD session her access is there and she can read/write. It's only on her local machine that the problem...
  4. No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Access Shared Files on Local Network after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Access Shared Files on Local Network after Windows Update: After a recent Windows update, I have been experiencing difficulties accessing shared files on my local network. Prior to the update, everything was working smoothly. However, since the update, attempts to connect to shared folders result in an error message, and I'm unable...
  6. Phone Link question: what information is shared beyond my local devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link question: what information is shared beyond my local devices?: I like the features provided by Phone Link, but am concerned about how my information may be shared with Microsoft or others. Ideally the information sent between my phone and my computer would go no further, but I suspect some information would be scooped up for marketing...
  7. Phone Link question: what information is shared beyond my local devices?

Phone Link question: what information is shared beyond my local devices?: I like the features provided by Phone Link, but am concerned about how my information may be shared with Microsoft or others. Ideally the information sent between my phone and my computer would go no further, but I suspect some information would be scooped up for marketing...
  8. Phone Link question: what information is shared beyond my local devices?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. How am i supposed to share a very large file on a local network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am i supposed to share a very large file on a local network.: so after I tried to connected to my desktop from my laptop and vice versa. i get this error msg. how am I supposed to use file sharing if i cant use a username and password that i beleve is correct adn even with password disabled....
  10. How am i supposed to share a very large file on a local network.

How am i supposed to share a very large file on a local network.: so after I tried to connected to my desktop from my laptop and vice versa. i get this error msg. how am I supposed to use file sharing if i cant use a username and password that i beleve is correct adn even with password disabled....