Windows 10: local sign in

Discus and support local sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; IN WIndows 8 I had the choice of logging in with my Microsoft account or with a local login. Can I log in locally in Windows 10. I know that apps will... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SuzanneJoyce, Feb 7, 2020.

1. local sign in

IN WIndows 8 I had the choice of logging in with my Microsoft account or with a local login. Can I log in locally in Windows 10. I know that apps will require a separate login, but since I don't use many apps, thats fine with me. I prefer not having to go online to use my computer all the time.

:)

SuzanneJoyce, Feb 7, 2020

2. "Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

local sign in

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

local sign in

1. local sign in - Similar Threads - local sign

2. Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management: The disk shows a cross sign whenever i open disk management.I am unable to open any shortcuts created on desktop which are linked to that specefic drive.Whenever i open any app, for ex- When i open a game which i have saved on the d drive, it says "the drive or network...
  3. Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management: The disk shows a cross sign whenever i open disk management.I am unable to open any shortcuts created on desktop which are linked to that specefic drive.Whenever i open any app, for ex- When i open a game which i have saved on the d drive, it says "the drive or network...
  4. Accidentally deleted some files and now Onedrive Cannot sign in locally on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted some files and now Onedrive Cannot sign in locally on my computer: I was trying to forcibly delete Microsoft Edge probably my first mistake by going to the file location and deleting any file that looked related to Edge and a few days later when I was trying to auto-save a document on Word, it had trouble connecting to my OneDrive school...
  5. Accidentally deleted some files and now Onedrive Cannot sign in locally on my computer

Accidentally deleted some files and now Onedrive Cannot sign in locally on my computer: I was trying to forcibly delete Microsoft Edge probably my first mistake by going to the file location and deleting any file that looked related to Edge and a few days later when I was trying to auto-save a document on Word, it had trouble connecting to my OneDrive school...
  6. How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in...: How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in to a Microsoft Account?DETAILS: On the Start Menu, Local User Accounts will periodically see an orange dot on their icon, and when they mouse over the icon, the following message...
  7. How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in...: How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in to a Microsoft Account?DETAILS: On the Start Menu, Local User Accounts will periodically see an orange dot on their icon, and when they mouse over the icon, the following message...
  8. How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in...

9. Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...: HiMy PC rebooted in an endless loop,I have a blue screen which says "The local session manager service failed the sign-in. The RPC server is unavailable".Then the second screen informs me the pc will restart, once restarted it just attempts to log-in then loops again.I did...
  10. Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...

Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...: HiMy PC rebooted in an endless loop,I have a blue screen which says "The local session manager service failed the sign-in. The RPC server is unavailable".Then the second screen informs me the pc will restart, once restarted it just attempts to log-in then loops again.I did...