Windows 10: Local User Account and I want to update the security questions, but can't.

Discus and support Local User Account and I want to update the security questions, but can't. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am having an issue with updating the security questions as a local user. I am not looking for the answer by signing in to an email account. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Finch47zero, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Local User Account and I want to update the security questions, but can't.

Hello,I am having an issue with updating the security questions as a local user. I am not looking for the answer by signing in to an email account. I have looked online and on Youtube for answers and supposedly it was located in the sign-in option, but I went in there and it only provide me the "change" button password. And when I changed the password and included a hint, that was it, it never asked me for security questions. Help, thank you.WINDOWS 11 ProSystem - updated alreadySituation:I am sending this laptop to my niece, but have her parents have the admin account. During the set up when

:)

Finch47zero, Jan 24, 2022

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 25, 2022
  3. How to remove security questions and answers for local user accounts?

Hello!

At installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update ( Windows 10 version 1803 ) using bootable media I am prompted to choose 3 security questions from a list of common questions and to write the answers for them.

This should serve the purpose of account recovery in case I forget the password.

The problem is that these questions are very common and many people know the answers or can get some hints by doing a search on the web.

I want to remove these questions and answers.

In "Settings" app -> Accounts -> Sign-in options -> "Update your security questions" there are the same questions as in Setup.

Does anyone have any idea on how to remove the questions and their answers for a local user account?

Thank you!

Sorin-Mircea Neagoe, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Local User Account and I want to update the security questions, but can't.

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

Local User Account and I want to update the security questions, but can't.

1. Local User Account and I want to update the security questions, but can't. - Similar Threads - Local User Account

2. Local User Account and I want to update the security questions, but can't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User Account and I want to update the security questions, but can't.: Hello,I am having an issue with updating the security questions as a local user. I am not looking for the answer by signing in to an email account. I have looked online and on Youtube for answers and supposedly it was located in the sign-in option, but I went in there and it...
  3. Question about user accounts/security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about user accounts/security: Windows recommends a standard user account. All these years I have been installing and using the main default account you create when you fresh install windows 10. I heard that this is possibly not safe? I know there is a hidden "Administrator" account and I assumed that was...
  4. I want to restrict access to a drive by a local user account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to restrict access to a drive by a local user account.: Below is a thread in official microsoft forum that contains the details of my question. but it is not solved there. Kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-user-restriction/db209dcb-df3d-4c0c-8a59-d07983f5f161 submitted by /u/tsambit...
  5. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  6. can't access my local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't access my local user account: I'm not good with English so bear with me. So recently my antivirus that came with my laptop expired and a blue screen came up telling me to either renew it or okay, i clicked okay and then it took me back to my desktop andall my programs and files was lost, only a clean...
  7. Local Account question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Account question: Hi, I am in the process of upgrading from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. And once it is upgraded, I want to get a local account, not a MS account. In reading the steps involved in this process, it says that you will come to a window where you are asked to verify your current...
  8. How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...
  9. Can't create a new local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...
  10. Add or Update Security Questions for Local Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Update Security Questions for Local Account in Windows 10: How to: Add or Update Security Questions for Local Account in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, Microsoft added the use of security questions to local accounts in Windows 10. Security questions will provide an extra layer of protection...