Windows 10: Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion

Discus and support Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I found a local user account called "John" in my notebook one day. I instantly deleted it. Later, it reappeared and I deleted again. Repeated several... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lifelonglearnerHK, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion

I found a local user account called "John" in my notebook one day. I instantly deleted it.

Later, it reappeared and I deleted again.

Repeated several times, no malware was found by virus scan, but its reappearing was creepy.

How to solve this?

Virus scan I took:

ESET Internet Security 13.2.18.0

Windows-KB890830-x64-V5.82

Microsoft Safety Scanner-1.0.3001.0

Attached the screenshots here:

Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion 1d76f775-9830-4e2e-a534-581d2d3e90d3?upload=true.gif Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion bcb4b9be-246c-4381-aaf4-1278f59d059e?upload=true.gif Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion b219a193-1cd0-4679-abe9-fbc843efec6b?upload=true.gif Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion 5eb8a970-0259-4678-a36e-9fed0c7d6a0d?upload=true.gif

:)

lifelonglearnerHK, Oct 5, 2020

2. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Old user account with Microsoft account reappeared on the computer

Hi Graham,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It is very unusual that the old profile has reappeared on the computer.

Ideally, the old profile will only reappear if System Restore has been performed on the computer. We would like to if you are aware of any changes made to the computer.

As you have mentioned that your Microsoft account is linked to your old profile, I would suggest you to convert the Microsoft account to a local account by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to the old account.
    2. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    3. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    4. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

After converting the account to a local account, if you wish to delete the account, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to the newly created account.
    2. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    3. Type control and click on
      OK
    4. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    5. Now, click on User Accounts.
    6. Click on Manage another account and select the user account that you want to remove.
    7. Click on Delete the account and select
      Keep Files (if you want to keep the files of the user account) else select Delete
      to remove the account.

After deleting the old user account, to convert the new user account to a Microsoft account, go to
    Settings (Windows Logo key + I) >> Accounts >>
    Your info
    >> click on Sign in with a Microsoft account and follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope the information provided by me is helpful for you.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion :(

Zakin, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion

1. Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion - Similar Threads - Local user account

2. Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.2006I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. I uninstalled several apps that I don't need, such as: Disney+; Groove Music; Mixed Reality Portal; Office; OneNote for Windows 10; Paint 3D; Skype; Solitaire Collection; Spotify Music; Xbox;...
  3. Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.2006I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. I uninstalled several apps that I don't need, such as: Disney+; Groove Music; Mixed Reality Portal; Office; OneNote for Windows 10; Paint 3D; Skype; Solitaire Collection; Spotify Music; Xbox;...
  4. Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer Account Keeps Creating Local User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Account Keeps Creating Local User Account: Hello I have had a problem for a while in my network. Several computer accounts keep creating local user accounts and deleting them in a matter of minutes. This occurs in several devices in my environment. Could this be a service?...
  6. Local admin user gets deleted every time you sign in to a local user account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local admin user gets deleted every time you sign in to a local user account.: PC was transferred from domain to WG. PC has local admin accounts: gaadmin res.local New user account was created gauser01 Upon login with res.local everything's fine, multiple restarts, all good. Upon login with gauser01 newly created user account the admin account...
  7. created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    created local user accounts not appearing at users folder: problem at windows 10 home 1. users and groups not available at computer management. 2. i have created local user accountmultiple user accounts, but user account not created at users folder and not working/visible at lock/logging screen. 3. i have activated/enabled default...
  8. Unable to create new local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create new local user account: I'm on my Windows 10 Home PC logged in as Administrator local user and trying to create a new standard local user. I go to settings -> accounts -> other users I select "Add someone else to this PC" and it comes up with a new window headed "Local Users and Groups" telling me...
  9. A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it

A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it: Hello there, I have an issue that is killing my C drive's space; a one file that takes up almost 100 Gbs. Not only this, but also it reappears and doubles in size every time I delete it. I tried to scan it multiple times using windows security center, yet there is the no...
  10. Local Account user appears and will not delete

Local Account user appears and will not delete: I received an email from Eset security that a 'phantom' account was created and when I logged on my computer I see an account user named JQ was created and I have deleted it several times and it keeps coming back. Can you please assist as I am afraid my computer is under...