Windows 10: Local user account disappeared

Discus and support Local user account disappeared in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chelle._xo, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Local user account disappeared

There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on it I could no longer access it after that. How do I fix this so I am able to access my other account?

:)

Chelle._xo, Nov 17, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 17, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local user account disappeared

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 17, 2022
Thema:

Local user account disappeared

1. Local user account disappeared - Similar Threads - Local user account

2. User account disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account disappeared: Hello,I recently opened my windows 11 laptop after not using it for a week. Upon boot up, my user profile seems to be missing I have only ever had one user profile since this is a personal laptop. My only option to log in to an account is “New user” and a password is...
  3. User account disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account disappeared: Hello,I recently opened my windows 11 laptop after not using it for a week. Upon boot up, my user profile seems to be missing I have only ever had one user profile since this is a personal laptop. My only option to log in to an account is “New user” and a password is...
  4. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  5. Local user account disappeared

Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  6. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update: I have windows 10 and after restarting my PC yesterday, windows ran some updates, after which my main account disappeared and the system defaulted to admin account. I do not know the password to the admin account so I can no longer login and there is no option to change user,...
  7. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update: I have windows 10 and after restarting my PC yesterday, windows ran some updates, after which my main account disappeared and the system defaulted to admin account. I do not know the password to the admin account so I can no longer login and there is no option to change user,...
  8. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  10. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d