Windows 10: Local user account gone after yesterdays update

Discus and support Local user account gone after yesterdays update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My local useraccounts are missing form de login page since yesterdays update. Also: I have to hit ctrl-alt-del now on the login page before the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MIJ01, Sep 12, 2020.

1. MIJ01 Win User

Local user account gone after yesterdays update

My local useraccounts are missing form de login page since yesterdays update. Also: I have to hit ctrl-alt-del now on the login page before the update I could just start typing my password to log in withut pressing ctrl-alt-del. The directory containing the local account on the harddrive is still there, all information seams to be there aswell.

I can see the account in the group policies, it is not inactive or blocked.

Any idea how to fix this?

:)

MIJ01, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Local user account gone after yesterdays update - Similar Threads - Local user account

2. My user account is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My user account is gone: I messed up with registery editor to change my username but after restart I got an error that says windows couldn't open my account, I panicked and looked for help on internet few comments said that I should delete the profile with .bak in the end on regedit so I did it. Now...
  3. My user account is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My user account is gone: I messed up with registery editor to change my username but after restart I got an error that says windows couldn't open my account, I panicked and looked for help on internet few comments said that I should delete the profile with .bak in the end on regedit so I did it. Now...
  4. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update: I have windows 10 and after restarting my PC yesterday, windows ran some updates, after which my main account disappeared and the system defaulted to admin account. I do not know the password to the admin account so I can no longer login and there is no option to change user,...
  5. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update: I have windows 10 and after restarting my PC yesterday, windows ran some updates, after which my main account disappeared and the system defaulted to admin account. I do not know the password to the admin account so I can no longer login and there is no option to change user,...
  6. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problems with logging into accounts after yesterday's update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with logging into accounts after yesterday's update.: I got a windows 10 update last night and when I booted up this morning I had to sign back into everything, my google account, reddit, steam, discord, etc. No big deal, but the problem is, when I close any browser or program, It doesn't save the login info and it doesn't...
  8. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  9. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  10. Internet connection gone after yesterday's update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection gone after yesterday's update: Good morning tenforums, this happens practically every time a windows 10 update is pushed onto my dell-pc. After I jiggle around with all sorts of things for days, internet is suddenly on again, no idea why. Quite time-consuming affair, and gets on my nerves as well. After...