Windows 10: Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

Discus and support Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MTruly, Feb 2, 2021.

1. MTruly Win User

Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the network to move files around, etc. My same username/account is logged into all the computers and is also the admin on each.

Rather than the normal install user setup processes in past Windows versions... the Windows 10 install process forced me to use the 'login with your MS Account' stuff. So I did. My username is the same on my Microsoft Account and on my local user account.

Now I want to switch the Windows 10 computer to a local account method instead of the MS Account method. I know how to do this.

But because I need/want to make a local user account by using the precise same username as I have on all the other computers on the network over the last 30 years... Windows 10 will not let me create this new local account username because that SAME username MS Account username was used to originally setup the Windows 10 OS.

How do I rectify this and create a local user account with the same username I desire which happens to be the username of the MS Account?

I guess I have to:

1. Change the username on my MS Account to something different can this be done?.

2. Change the Windows 10 MS Account username to the new different username.

3. Login to Windows 10 with the new MS Account username.

4. Then attempt to create a new local account with my desired username the original username.

Thanks!

:)

MTruly, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name? [​IMG]

Brink, Feb 2, 2021
  3. User Account Folder Name

Here's a workaround to rename the user account folder:

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your Windows 10 device which will result for your account to be converted as a Local account.
    • Create a new Local account, name it using your preferred account and folder name then set it as Administrator.
    • Sign in to your Windows 10 device using the newly created local admin account.
    • Link your Microsoft Account to the newly created local admin account.

After doing the steps above, check if this resolves your concern. If so, migrate all your files from the old account to the new user account and delete the previous one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

User Account folder name

Only like this you can change it. Isolved problem like this.Works 100% without deleting files

• Create a local account with the user name you wish.
    • Change account type to administrator (can skip if there is other administrator).
    • Remove original Microsoft linked account
    • Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish
    Local account creation is well hidden, here are step through Settings App :

Settings > Accounts > Family & Other users > Other users > Add someone else to this PC > The person I want to add doesn't have an email address > Add a user without Microsoft account

Armspecial, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

1. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name? - Similar Threads - Local User Account

2. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  3. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  4. User account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  5. User account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  6. My Local User Account Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Local User Account Name: I want to set up a local user account named 'Roger". It is important that I use that name and no other. Unfortunately, I set it up once before and then deleted it for a reason that I won't go into.. So I tried to set it up again a few days later and it will not allow me to...
  7. Two User Accounts with same name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two User Accounts with same name: Hi everyone, I'm well aware that this topic was posted multiple times. However non of the so far provided solutions worked for me. Two days ago I reinstalled windows. During the installation process my computer had no internet connection, so I created a local account. Later...
  8. User name under C is not the same as the Account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name under C is not the same as the Account name: We recently bought my husband a new computer. We put in his name, which is Collins as the account name. However, when I go to the C drive his user name shows up as Colli. Is there a way to Change that....
  9. user account name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user account name: can I remove the user account only from my pc login screen, and not anywhere else? I tried to install office & update windows 10, but my sign in screen name changed. The email accounts of 2 accounts I have are now on the PC sign in screen. There doesn't seem to be anything...
  10. Account name user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]