Windows 10: Local user account password reset while in recovery

Discus and support Local user account password reset while in recovery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by karsonhatch, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Local user account password reset while in recovery

After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with a pin and I no longer remember what it is. How do I reset the password while in recovery?

:)

karsonhatch, Apr 10, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 10, 2023
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 10, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

Local user account password reset while in recovery

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 10, 2023
Thema:

Local user account password reset while in recovery

1. Local user account password reset while in recovery - Similar Threads - Local user account

2. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account password reset while in recovery: After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with...
  3. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local user account password reset while in recovery: After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with...
  4. Local account password / recovery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local account password / recovery mode: I need to access the console via recovery mode. When attempting to login through recovery mode I am prompted for my password. My password will not be accepted. Outside of recovery mode my password works fine and I can login to my machine as normal. I have reset my microsoft...
  5. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  6. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  7. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Reset local account password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset local account password.: I want to login with my microsoft account on a laptop. But I can´t since I need to know my dead stepfathers local account password. I know the pin number. Tried for hours to get in contact with microsoft support. But it is impossible to reach a human....
  9. Password reset for local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset for local account: I changed the password on a local account and can not log in. How can I reset it if I can not get past the sign on screen? If I try the reset password option, it tells me to insert a USB drive. I did not set up the computer in the beginning, and no reset disc was made. Can I...
  10. Reset Local Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Local Account Password: After a power glitch, Windows did not recognize my local password anymore Although I have been able to login using my Microsoft account password, I would like to be able to login locally again. How to achieve that? I have only found ways to reset the Microsoft account...