Windows 10: Local user account with no need for password

Discus and support Local user account with no need for password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have two computers. One is a Windows 7 and I am in the process of upgrading that to Win 10. The other is a new Dell Optiplex 5270, Win 10 Pro... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NeedUpgradeHelp, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Local user account with no need for password

Hi,

I have two computers. One is a Windows 7 and I am in the process of upgrading that to Win 10. The other is a new Dell Optiplex 5270, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD OS drive.

Question regarding the new Dell Optiplex: One thing I want to do is have my computer linked to a local account (not a Microsoft account) and if possible I would like to do this during the initial setup. And I want to set this up with no password and not have anything like an email address, etc., associated with the computer. How can I do this? Is there a step-by-step tutorial that will show me how to do this? I am not an IT person and need things clearly explained. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind. I found a great tutorial online. *Smile

:)

NeedUpgradeHelp, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Local user account with no need for password

How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Local user account with no need for password

1. Local user account with no need for password - Similar Threads - Local user account

2. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account password reset while in recovery: After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with...
  3. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account password reset while in recovery: After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with...
  4. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  6. Prompt local user account to change their default password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt local user account to change their default password?: Windows 10 settings, Accounts, Family & Other Users, Add someone else to this PC. I create a new account with "I don't have this person's email", so it's just a local account.Is there a way that I can force it to prompt the user to change their local password when they first...
  7. Stuck changing local account password - need help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck changing local account password - need help: I changed my local account password. I then logged into my microsoft account and changed it to be the same. Unfortunately, I failed to realize I needed both upper and lower case. I made a proper password for the microsoft account and then went back to change the local one...
  8. User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password: I recently realized that my account at Windows 10 is configured in a "strange way". I have local account, but it seems to be connected with Microsoft Account it can be seen on activation screen. In control panel settings my user account is listed as local account "Konto...
  9. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  10. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d