Windows 10: Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay

Discus and support Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All,Need a little help, either with a solution or a link to a solution. Been searching for a solution, but either I don't phrase my search right, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gordo Mack, May 15, 2022.

1. Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay

Hi All,Need a little help, either with a solution or a link to a solution. Been searching for a solution, but either I don't phrase my search right, or there is no solution?Anyway, I'm setting up my oldest PC for my brother. I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 to start fresh, so it's up to date as of the May-2022 update. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a PC I built 5 years ago, it runs great, even though it doesn't meet Specs for Window 11 Upgrade, CPU only. Set the PC up for 3 users, all Local Accounts, my brother and his wife, administrator privileges, and Kids Grand kids, with standar

:)

Gordo Mack, May 15, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

3. Bree Win User
    switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

Click Start and click on your user icon, as you would if you wanted to switch users. The list of other users will show which if any of them are signed in.

Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay [​IMG]

4. chideock Win User

Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Thank you. I will give it a try later today and post my results.

Got to it sooner than I thought.
    Your method worked perfectly.

Thank you

chideock, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay

1. Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay - Similar Threads - Local User background

2. Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options: How do I remove the Switch User and the Sign Out options when i press Alt + F4 on windows 11?Every time there is an update it removes Shut Down as the default option and changes it to one of these other options. This is my personal pc, i live alone and don't have any other...
  3. Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options: How do I remove the Switch User and the Sign Out options when i press Alt + F4 on windows 11?Every time there is an update it removes Shut Down as the default option and changes it to one of these other options. This is my personal pc, i live alone and don't have any other...
  4. Windows keeps signing out the local user when logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps signing out the local user when logging in: Hi i have created local user on my laptop and when im trying to login using the local account it keeps signing me out , and the issue is for all the local users as when they try to login it signs them out...
  5. Windows keeps signing out the local user when logging in

Windows keeps signing out the local user when logging in: Hi i have created local user on my laptop and when im trying to login using the local account it keeps signing me out , and the issue is for all the local users as when they try to login it signs them out...
  6. Windows keeps signing out the local user when logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay: Hi All,Need a little help, either with a solution or a link to a solution. Been searching for a solution, but either I don't phrase my search right, or there is no solution?Anyway, I'm setting up my oldest PC for my brother. I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 to start...
  8. Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay

Local User background keeps changing on sign out only, switch user okay: Hi All,Need a little help, either with a solution or a link to a solution. Been searching for a solution, but either I don't phrase my search right, or there is no solution?Anyway, I'm setting up my oldest PC for my brother. I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 to start...
  9. User sign out/sign in

User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  10. Fast user switching signs me out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Fast user switching signs me out: I have 3 local user accounts. When I try to switch between them, my apps are closed and I get signed out. I've tried the 6 different methods in this tutorial The Switch User option does not appear in the option list in response to Ctrl+Alt+Del. It does appear in the list...