Windows 10: Local User password reset.

Discus and support Local User password reset. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarksŠuņins, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Local User password reset.

Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password... ". Problem is, I have generated password locally and now I can not reach the password. Have read article:"https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reset-your-windows-local-account-password-86912508-e584-37cc-86eb-6e9b0542b5ba#WindowsVer

:)

MarksŠuņins, Jan 8, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 8, 2022
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 8, 2022
  4. Local User password reset.

If I do a reset this PC, can I setup local user password network share

I was wanting to share files on the LAN but it requires a password. If I do a reset, sign in with a PIN and my Microsoft account, how can I setup a local user password so that I can share files on the LAN?

Lot of work just to do that one thing.

Anyone have a step by step? There is apparently an unknown local password set and it can not be changed. I login with PIN on all my PC.

sdowney717, Jan 8, 2022
Thema:

Local User password reset.

1. Local User password reset. - Similar Threads - Local User password

2. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account password reset while in recovery: After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with...
  3. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local user account password reset while in recovery: After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with...
  4. Can't Reset my Local User Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Reset my Local User Password: I recently switched from signing in with my Microsoft account to a local user. I just set up a password when I did this. But now it says my password is incorrect. I can sign in still because I know my PIN, but have no way of resetting my password. When I sign out, and try to...
  5. Can't Reset my Local User Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Reset my Local User Password: I recently switched from signing in with my Microsoft account to a local user. I just set up a password when I did this. But now it says my password is incorrect. I can sign in still because I know my PIN, but have no way of resetting my password. When I sign out, and try to...
  6. Can't Reset my Local User Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  8. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  9. Can't reset password on local user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't reset password on local user: I was trying to change my password but i don.t remember it So i typed in cmd net user username new_password but it said System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied. I don't know what to do next or how to fix this...
  10. Reset local password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset local password: How do I reset my local password if I only remember my PIN? I tried resetting using the security questions, but I either seem to forget them or am not tying them in the same format. I do not want to lose my account and have to re-install all my programs....