Windows 10: local users not showing on lock screen

Discus and support local users not showing on lock screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently set up a new PC for a company I work with and ran into a problem when I attempted to join it to Active Directory. I am not sure what caused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Galen Hagerty, Jan 19, 2022.

1. local users not showing on lock screen

I recently set up a new PC for a company I work with and ran into a problem when I attempted to join it to Active Directory. I am not sure what caused the issue, perhaps something to do with my also upgrading Windows from home to pro, or just some glitch, but I was never able to get the AD binding to work and was forced to back track and just set up the computer using the standard OOBE process with Local Users. So, the computer was supposed to have 3 users with Microsoft accounts actually business accounts and 2 local accounts. Somehow, what has happened is that there is only one useable acc

:)

Galen Hagerty, Jan 19, 2022
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jan 19, 2022
  3. Frank C Win User
    Show Local users and Groups

Hello,
    I want to get a list of Local Users and Groups as shown in the first screen shot (taken from the Web).
    When I run Computer Management as administrator that information is not available under
    Computer Management > System Tools (second screen shot - my computer)
    How can I get this information?

local users not showing on lock screen [​IMG]

local users not showing on lock screen [​IMG]

Thanks

Frank C, Jan 19, 2022
  4. David Haz Win User

local users not showing on lock screen

Lock screen image changes after restart

Hello,

Is the account you are signing in to is a Microsoft Account or a local user account?

We suggest that you create a new local user account and see if the lock screen reverts back when your device restarts. You may follow the steps below on how to create a local user account:

• Click the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

local users not showing on lock screen

1. local users not showing on lock screen - Similar Threads - local users showing

2. Lock screen not showing other user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not showing other user: Hi, I once tried to normally open my laptop and sign in my account lets call it Alpha, but when I entered my PIN instead of signing me in it showed some white system error message, so I just clicked Ok and logged in again and all worked fine, but when I booted up my laptop...
  3. Lock screen not showing other user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen not showing other user: Hi, I once tried to normally open my laptop and sign in my account lets call it Alpha, but when I entered my PIN instead of signing me in it showed some white system error message, so I just clicked Ok and logged in again and all worked fine, but when I booted up my laptop...
  4. Lock screen not showing other user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. local users not showing on lock screen

local users not showing on lock screen: I recently set up a new PC for a company I work with and ran into a problem when I attempted to join it to Active Directory. I am not sure what caused the issue, perhaps something to do with my also upgrading Windows from home to pro, or just some glitch, but I was never able...
  6. local users not showing on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local users not showing on lock screen: I recently set up a new PC for a company I work with and ran into a problem when I attempted to join it to Active Directory. I am not sure what caused the issue, perhaps something to do with my also upgrading Windows from home to pro, or just some glitch, but I was never able...
  7. Not showing other users in lock screen

Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  8. Not showing other users in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  9. Not showing other users in lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Other local users doesnt show up on the windows lock screen

Other local users doesnt show up on the windows lock screen: hello there today i started my work computer and then found that the other local account users arent showing up in the lock screen to logon. only i logged on the last time so i can see my name but not the other accounts on the work pc. it is showing in the netplwiz menu...