Windows 10: Local users

Discus and support Local users in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to find the super admin account i saw on youtube and i went to check computer management it is not there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by I Might Be, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Local users

I was trying to find the super admin account i saw on youtube and i went to check computer management it is not there

:)

I Might Be, Jan 13, 2023

2. Local user disappeared frin login options after upgrade

Hi Zoee,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I was unable to fix the issue. Here are my steps:

• I've uninstalled the last 3 updates (the ones from september):
      • however, they keep getting reinstalled:

Local users f528a5b8-45e7-4aef-a9f2-9bf99fd6c850?upload=true.png

• I've added two new users: one from the GUI, the other as you suggested in step 2:
      • They are listed under users;
    • I've also booted in safe mode just to check.
    I still have no way to login other than with the main account. No local users are available at login or when I go to start menu and click on my user.

Please advise

LeandroRibeiroPT, Jan 13, 2023
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Jan 13, 2023
  4. Local users

Mystery local user present with no account

Good afternoon Andre,

Thank you for your feedback, most appreciated. I tried both of your suggestions and the 1st5 user was not listed in either, just my original local user name was listed. I also tried to cut the 1st5 user folder from the C;/users listing and paste it to a
    thumb drive so I didn't loose it but I got this error code, 0x80070057, that prevents me from moving it saying the "parameter is incorrect". Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

R/Confused

Also when I got the error I mentioned above there was a Folder with a person's picture and MY local user name, not the 1st5 user name.

J.W. Sargent, Jan 13, 2023
Thema:

Local users

1. Local users - Similar Threads - Local users

2. Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User: I run Windows 11 Pro After inadvertently signing in on my laptop as Local User human graphic with name adjacent instead of the login with human on lanyard/name badge graphic adjacent to my name, used exclusively since setting my laptop up, my laptop is essentially brand new...
  3. Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User: I run Windows 11 Pro After inadvertently signing in on my laptop as Local User human graphic with name adjacent instead of the login with human on lanyard/name badge graphic adjacent to my name, used exclusively since setting my laptop up, my laptop is essentially brand new...
  4. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  5. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  6. Local account user denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  7. Local account user denied

Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  8. the administrator email on my local user doesnt exist is what windows says everytime i try...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    the administrator email on my local user doesnt exist is what windows says everytime i try...: windows is contradicting itself. i think about 2 years ago i made an outlook mail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and signed in to my local account on that, but now when i want to change it to another email, its not letting me do anything because it...
  9. the administrator email on my local user doesnt exist is what windows says everytime i try...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the administrator email on my local user doesnt exist is what windows says everytime i try...: windows is contradicting itself. i think about 2 years ago i made an outlook mail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and signed in to my local account on that, but now when i want to change it to another email, its not letting me do anything because it...
  10. the administrator email on my local user doesnt exist is what windows says everytime i try...