Windows 10: Local users

Discus and support Local users in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to find the super admin account i saw on youtube and i went to check computer management it is not there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by I Might Be, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Local users

I was trying to find the super admin account i saw on youtube and i went to check computer management it is not there

:)

I Might Be, Jan 13, 2023

2. Local user disappeared frin login options after upgrade

Hi Zoee,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I was unable to fix the issue. Here are my steps:

• I've uninstalled the last 3 updates (the ones from september):
      • however, they keep getting reinstalled:

Local users f528a5b8-45e7-4aef-a9f2-9bf99fd6c850?upload=true.png

• I've added two new users: one from the GUI, the other as you suggested in step 2:
      • They are listed under users;
    • I've also booted in safe mode just to check.
    I still have no way to login other than with the main account. No local users are available at login or when I go to start menu and click on my user.

Please advise

LeandroRibeiroPT, Jan 13, 2023
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Jan 13, 2023
  4. Local users

Mystery local user present with no account

Good afternoon Andre,

Thank you for your feedback, most appreciated. I tried both of your suggestions and the 1st5 user was not listed in either, just my original local user name was listed. I also tried to cut the 1st5 user folder from the C;/users listing and paste it to a
    thumb drive so I didn't loose it but I got this error code, 0x80070057, that prevents me from moving it saying the "parameter is incorrect". Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

R/Confused

Also when I got the error I mentioned above there was a Folder with a person's picture and MY local user name, not the 1st5 user name.

J.W. Sargent, Jan 13, 2023
Thema:

Local users

1. Local users - Similar Threads - Local users

2. i want to Add a work or school user to local machine - works - but generates wrong username...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to Add a work or school user to local machine - works - but generates wrong username...: I've added a work or school user from AzureAD to my local machine. In the last time the display name of that user was "Company Wonderful - Office".I ended up in a user directory locally named "CompanyWonderful-O". Now I only want it to be "Office".So I changed the display...
  3. i want to Add a work or school user to local machine - works - but generates wrong username...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to Add a work or school user to local machine - works - but generates wrong username...: I've added a work or school user from AzureAD to my local machine. In the last time the display name of that user was "Company Wonderful - Office".I ended up in a user directory locally named "CompanyWonderful-O". Now I only want it to be "Office".So I changed the display...
  4. i want to Add a work or school user to local machine - works - but generates wrong username...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  6. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  7. swapping from microsoft account user to local account user caused loading issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    swapping from microsoft account user to local account user caused loading issues: Recently, I converted my microsoft account profile user to a local account user, and windows elements such as the task bar and apps, mostly windows apps Settings, Microsoft store, etc take 20+ minutes to finish loading. I tried re-adding my Microsoft account, but it would...
  8. swapping from microsoft account user to local account user caused loading issues

swapping from microsoft account user to local account user caused loading issues: Recently, I converted my microsoft account profile user to a local account user, and windows elements such as the task bar and apps, mostly windows apps Settings, Microsoft store, etc take 20+ minutes to finish loading. I tried re-adding my Microsoft account, but it would...
  9. Local accounts on computer not appearing in Switch User panel or startup screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local accounts on computer not appearing in Switch User panel or startup screen: Hello everyone, this issue has been going on for a few weeks nowIn doing some rutinary computer cleaning, I found a user folder in C: that was from a local account that I renamed at some point in time, but the user folder was "duplicated" so there was a user folder with the...
  10. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...: My product is a dell laptop service code is CYF9693 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-asking-for-a-an-email-address-and/f9d56cfc-85c4-463f-8fe9-bff459ba9a1d