Windows 10: Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello All: My situation is as follows. Trying to set up a local account for gaming to keep it separate from my Org account my org / my rules - I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tamer Ziady, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro

Hello All:

My situation is as follows. Trying to set up a local account for gaming to keep it separate from my Org account my org / my rules - I am not trying to install on my employer's PC or anything. I am the owner - self employed. Anywho, trying to just keep things clean. So, I figured I would try to set up a local account to use for gaming and nothing else. Creating the account was easy. However, no matter what I try; when I try and log it; it says that I have the wrong password. So, I have checked the password and recreated it and am sure it is correct; yet still this problem persists. I mean, I know I can go and create a Microsoft account just for gaming; however, it is a waste of resources and not really needed as the Gaming login does very little with Microsoft services past the actual login.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional info. This is on a Windows 10 Pro Machine with the latest 20H2 update and all software is updated and brand new installation. Machine was set up with my Microsoft ORG account i.e. work account w/ Microsoft.

Thanks,
    T

:)

Tamer Ziady, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro :(

Zakin, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro

Mindweaver, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro

1. Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Local Account along

2. use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?: i rememebr it was a requirement to sign into my new pc with a microsoft account, so i made one, but i dont find a use for it and i saw one of my friends use a local account. i want to log out of my microsoft account on my pc and delete the account, i dont use any microsoft...
  3. windows 10 pro local account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro local account.: Hi, I am new to desktop and I`m learning as i go, My question is where did I go WRONG? My windows administration account is active. When I visit account settings everything looks and seems ok, but almost any discussion it tells me I need administrative permission to make...
  4. Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible: Hello, I have a issue at a laptop from a neighbour he has logged in with a old Hotmail adres instead of his local account. Now the option settings - accounts --> to go back to the local account is not there. the only option is manage Microsoft account. The second...
  5. Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.

Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.: Hi all! I have a personal laptop (Thinkpad X1 Carbon) that I used to remote into my work computer while at home. I work from home one day a week, and sometimes on weekends, etc. Ironically I actually work on computers for a living, except that I do data analytics and do not...
  6. Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro

Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro: Hi, just installed new PC and have following issue: - I do not see option on account tab to link my local account to Microsoft account ("sing in with Microsoft Account instead") - As note - I can add Microsoft accounts of family members including me. - I also do not see...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Local Account

Windows 10 Pro Local Account: I have read that you can't make a local account anymore is this true? Will I not be able to make a local account if I purchase Windows 10 Pro in stores that come with the USB Stick? submitted by /u/JMatzelle993 [link] [comments]...
  8. Which Account, Local/Administrator or Microsoft? Windows 10 Pro

Which Account, Local/Administrator or Microsoft? Windows 10 Pro: Hi There Just a couple of days ago I found I have lost my MS Ac sign in option and so was constrained to set up a PIN process. This occurred after I had my PC handled by one of my acquaintances and then when back home I found the Ac picture and my name were not coming up any...
  9. Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account: I've created a dummy email account for outlook but little did I know the microsoft email links to the Windows 10.Now I cannot reset my password + I don't know the password and I'm locket out of Windows 10. I've installed Windows 7 and I can access the win10 files.Is there a...
  10. Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 You need a user account to use Windows, and if you share a single PC with other people, each person should have their own account. Each person can...