Windows 10: Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections

Discus and support Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed an update and my local Windows installation stopped accepting Remote Desktop connections. I followed some of the steps I found in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carlos Alegría Galicia —, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections

I recently installed an update and my local Windows installation stopped accepting Remote Desktop connections. I followed some of the steps I found in similar questions in this forum without success: Added RDesktop to the allowed applications in the Windows Firewall, and updated all the drivers of the Network adapter devices,

I am trying to reinstall the app, but I cannot find a wayto do so I do not know if it is even possible. I appreciate any help in advance.

Carlos

:)

Carlos Alegría Galicia —, Jun 26, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections

remote desktop connection help

hey i am trying to conect to a friends computer to help her with some stuff, but i cant get the windows remote desktop connection thing to work. and we tried the remote assistance thing with windows messenger also. she accepts the connection and there is supposed to ba a window that pops up and says yes i want to allow this connection but nothing happend. i have tried to do it with my room mates computer aswell and for some reason i cant get it. any ideas??? *Bang Head :banghead:

acousticlemur, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections

1. Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections - Similar Threads - Local accepting Remote

2. Local Resources on Windows 11 Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Resources on Windows 11 Remote Desktop Connection: i used to go to more options > local resources > More > Check local drivesi no longer see that option in Windows 11Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-resources-on-windows-11-remote-desktop/822d207a-b339-4d7a-ae4a-e15fddd6d740
  3. Local Resources on Windows 11 Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Resources on Windows 11 Remote Desktop Connection: i used to go to more options > local resources > More > Check local drivesi no longer see that option in Windows 11Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-resources-on-windows-11-remote-desktop/822d207a-b339-4d7a-ae4a-e15fddd6d740
  4. Remotely connecting to Desktop from a non-local LAN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remotely connecting to Desktop from a non-local LAN: Hello there! As the title says I want to remotely connect to my desktop from my laptop from a different LAn connection not the local one. I already enabled the remote connection and it worked superb on local LAN. But when I forwarded my port through wifi and everything step...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection - Local Resources Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop Connection - Local Resources Greyed Out: Hi,I've been using Remote Desktop Connection for work, for over 6 months now and was using my webcam and its mic while using my remote desktop. To do this I activated using them through the Local Resources option in the settings for the RDC.However, as of a week ago my IT had...
  6. Remote desktop local connection interrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop local connection interrupted: I have two Windows 10 desktop systems hardwire connected to a Netgear EX7000 range extender. One system is used to access the other using RDP. On occasion, the connection to the target session drops out and restores after a retry, and rarely I have to reboot the target...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password

Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password: I setup all the computers in my house to have the same username and no password - all of them boot up and go directly to the desktop without any need to login. Each one is a Local Account and is Administrator. When I setup remote desktop under User Accounts it specifically...
  8. Remote desktop connection drop, local network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop connection drop, local network: System, Windows10 pro RD connection drop randomly after some minutes 15', 30' changes. I reconnect and continue. Perhaps, it's related about connection speed. If I use internet, drop probability increase. If driver problem, which driver? thank you, Günlük Adı: System...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection the old one stopped accepting password

Remote Desktop Connection the old one stopped accepting password: Remote Desktop Connection, the old app that allows file transfer, stopped working. It connects and displays a desktop with the credentials prompt but it tells me the user name or password are incorrect. A machine that has not had Windows update run in a couple months is...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection and locally stored Windows Profile on Remote computer

Remote Desktop Connection and locally stored Windows Profile on Remote computer: Have 2 laptop computers running windows 10 computer #1 and computer #2. Need to know how to login remotely to computer #2 and gain access to my User ID with my Password. According to the following article My Personal Credential feature is a single credential entry which is...