Windows 10: Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update

Discus and support Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the recent Windows Update ver. 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jsdmwilliams, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update

After the recent Windows Update ver. 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using the "eye" to see it. In addition, if I log in with a general user and try to make a change that requires administrative approval, I can enter my admin password and Windows accepts it. It's just a problem at login. I even changed my password in Control Panel, and it's clear that the login screen registers this because the "password hint" updated to my new hint, but the updated pw gets rejected. It's clear this is a common issue based on an internet search. I've tried restarting several times, restarting in Safe Mode, to no avail. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. - Jeff

:)

jsdmwilliams, Oct 17, 2020
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. cdawall Win User
    Windows Startup password

If it's just a local account password there is a guide you can Google using the Windows install media to blank the password.

cdawall, Oct 17, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update

1. Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Local password won't

2. Windows password stops working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows password stops working after update: After one update around August 2020, my password stopped working for my one and only account Local even though I knew I was typing it in right. I haven't found a solution that worked on the internet or the mental energy to deal with it more. So i've just been uninstalling the...
  3. Password doesn't work after updating Windows?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password doesn't work after updating Windows?: My PC randomly updated on its own and when I tried to login to my account, it keeps saying the password is incorrect. This is not true as my login is my Microsoft account, even tested it on my phone and the login is fine. Tried uninstalling the update by holding shift and...
  4. Incorrect local password after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect local password after Windows 10 update: I updated my windows 10 and now i cannot login to use my computer. Once i turn on the system and put my password, it tells me incorrect password. I searched for solutions involving safe mode and throught the use if command prompt but i the command prompt and safe mode are...
  5. Password won't work after Windows Update

Password won't work after Windows Update: After the recent Windows Update 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using the "eye" to see it. In addition, if I log in with a general user and try to make a change that requires administrative...
  6. Password won't work after quality update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password won't work after quality update: So a few days ago i installed the latest quality update (2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756)). When attempting to login after the update my password was registering as incorrect. (This is just a local account pw, not for my...
  7. My local windows password changed by itself after an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My local windows password changed by itself after an update: After a windows update, my laptop does not accept my password. The update was interruped. Later it was completed but my old password (It has always been the same) is not recognized by my laptop. I dont know what to do. submitted by /u/Octavio3012 [link] [comments]...
  8. Password won't work after Windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password won't work after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 updated & now I can't login to computer. I tried changing password & have done that twice. I'm now locked out. Anhy help would be appreciated...
  9. Windows Password won't update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Password won't update: Hi folks, When I change my Windows password it does not update on my PC. It does update on my account on the Microsoft website though. I've been doing it through "Forgot my Password" on the page requesting a password when I boot up the PC. The old password continues to work...
  10. Password will not work after windows update

Password will not work after windows update: I got back home from vacation and my pc pc finis updateing and when i go to put in my pin it tells me im wrong so i try my password and onve again it told me im wrong. So i try a few more times and it fails to work. So i change my password and try it and it still doesnt work....