Windows 10: Local Windows Password

Discus and support Local Windows Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have trouble signing in using my local windows password since I've changed it to PIN option a long time ago. Recently, I tried launching a safe mode... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tubz15-, May 20, 2020.

1. Tubz15- Win User

Local Windows Password

I have trouble signing in using my local windows password since I've changed it to PIN option a long time ago. Recently, I tried launching a safe mode option but it is asking my local windows password Administrator password upon signing in. Is there any way that I can reset my password?

:)

Tubz15-, May 20, 2020

2. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 20, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 20, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Local Windows Password

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Local Windows Password

1. Local Windows Password - Similar Threads - Local Password

2. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...: My product is a dell laptop service code is CYF9693 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-asking-for-a-an-email-address-and/f9d56cfc-85c4-463f-8fe9-bff459ba9a1d
  3. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...: My product is a dell laptop service code is CYF9693 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-asking-for-a-an-email-address-and/f9d56cfc-85c4-463f-8fe9-bff459ba9a1d
  4. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...: As the title says, I forgot all these things. The thing I remember are 3 letters, but do no remember other 3 numbers. My password consists of three letters and three numbers. As for the security questions, I vaguely remember the answers, but I would be able to answer them...
  6. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...: As the title says, I forgot all these things. The thing I remember are 3 letters, but do no remember other 3 numbers. My password consists of three letters and three numbers. As for the security questions, I vaguely remember the answers, but I would be able to answer them...
  7. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. 1 Trojan, 1 Win32 file, and then incorrect password on Windows local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 Trojan, 1 Win32 file, and then incorrect password on Windows local account.: Short version :Windows Defender detects a Trojan and a Win32 file, then I change my Windows local account password, and then next day I can't log in.Long version :OS : Windows 11, and it was always up to date.I had OBS downloaded from the official website since December 2022....
  9. 1 Trojan, 1 Win32 file, and then incorrect password on Windows local account.

1 Trojan, 1 Win32 file, and then incorrect password on Windows local account.: Short version :Windows Defender detects a Trojan and a Win32 file, then I change my Windows local account password, and then next day I can't log in.Long version :OS : Windows 11, and it was always up to date.I had OBS downloaded from the official website since December 2022....
  10. Password VS PIN for a local account

Password VS PIN for a local account: Hi everyone,On my PC, I have recently switched my Windows account to a local account for security reason. Then I created also a local account password, of course, so now I can access on my Windows system by both my local account password OR my old Windows PIN.Having two...