Windows 10: \\localhost and access from other computers on the same home network does not work

Discus and support \\localhost and access from other computers on the same home network does not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three Windows 10 1809/1903 computers in my home network. While two of them can access the shared folders on each other, both cannot access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hohey, Aug 13, 2019.

1. hohey Win User

\\localhost and access from other computers on the same home network does not work

I have three Windows 10 1809/1903 computers in my home network. While two of them can access the shared folders on each other, both cannot access the shared folders on the third one - Error code: 0x80070035. In the third one, \\localhost command does not work either, though ping 127.0.0.1 is OK. From the third computer there is access to the shared folders in the other two computers. I have checked the Advanced Sharing Settings, Windows Features and services.msc but to no avail. Thank for any advice

:)

hohey, Aug 13, 2019

2. Access localhost from another computer

Localhost, as the name suggests, points at the localhost. Use the hostname or IP from your computer on their PC's. ie something in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x range most likely.

DanTheBanjoman, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Access localhost from another computer

I said I know the difference that localhost refers to that particular machine you are running. Your question is invalid *Smile \localhost and access from other computers on the same home network does not work :)

No Offense.

I asked this question because the other Computer weren't getting access to the IP as it was blocked on the system running XAMPP as point out by streetfighter 2, which I totally forgot.

smartali89, Aug 13, 2019
  4. taward Win User

\\localhost and access from other computers on the same home network does not work

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. \\localhost and access from other computers on the same home network does not work - Similar Threads - localhost access computers

2. Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home: I have two desktop PCs and a surface laptop - all with Windows 10 and connected to the router and each other? via a switch/ethernet. I used to be able to access documents on computter A's hard drive using Windows Explorer to navigate via 'Network' on Computer B. Sometime ago...
  3. Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home: I have two desktop PCs and a surface laptop - all with Windows 10 and connected to the router and each other? via a switch/ethernet. I used to be able to access documents on computter A's hard drive using Windows Explorer to navigate via 'Network' on Computer B. Sometime ago...
  4. Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home: I have two desktop PCs and a surce laptop - all with Windows 10 and connected to the router and each other? via a switch/ethernet. I used to be able to documents on compter A's hard drive using Windows Explorer to navigate via 'Network' on Computer B. Sometime ago somthing...
  5. Cannot access other computers on my home network

Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  6. Can't access localhost on local network from my phone

Can't access localhost on local network from my phone: I would like to be able to access my projects running on the localhost of my computer from my phone or from any other devices on my network. With my former computer, I used to be able to do this just fine by creating a new rule in theWindows Defender Firewall and Advanced...
  7. Messaging to the other computer on home network

Messaging to the other computer on home network: I need the Win 10 home syntax to send a text message to my wife's laptop. Her computer name isasus_laptop and mine is jack-pc. We're both on the home network. Not sure what other information is needed. Also not sure if the command is NET or NET SEND. Both seem to be viable....
  8. Unable to access a mapped file in other computer in same private network

Unable to access a mapped file in other computer in same private network: I can see files & drives between computer A and computer B but cannot access. Error message: "Windows cannot access \\fk20\D You do not have permission to access \\fk20\D. Contact your network administrator to request access." \\fk20 is computer A \\fk200\D is...
  9. Accessing other pc's on home network.

Accessing other pc's on home network.: I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always shows in file explorer but 95% of the time I get an error message, , Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found,...
  10. Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network

Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network: Hi, I have a desktop and a laptop setup at home, I have recently upgraded both to Windows 10. Both were previously running Windows 7 Home Premium and could identify each other on the network and I could access files on either PC from one or the other at any time. With the...