Windows 10: localhost missing

Discus and support localhost missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For many years I have used a program called get_iplayer which downloads BBC TV programmes. When the programme has been selected get_iplayer starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JW01, Oct 13, 2019.

1. JW01 Win User

localhost missing

For many years I have used a program called get_iplayer which downloads BBC TV programmes.
    When the programme has been selected get_iplayer starts with:

"Listening on 127.0.0.1:1935"

Now it has just started issuing the following message:

http://localhost:1935
    Application not found
    Access is denied

This is not a get_iplayer problem.
    Can anyone please tell me how I can restore localhost:1935?
    Many thanks.

:)

2. Access localhost from another computer

Localhost, as the name suggests, points at the localhost. Use the hostname or IP from your computer on their PC's. ie something in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x range most likely.

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 13, 2019
  4. localhost missing

Failed to connect to localhost

Hi Mike,

One of the possible reasons why you were unable to connect to the localhost
    is because of the configuration set within the LAN (Local Area Network). To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Are you using a computer connected to a secured network or
      domain
      ?
    • Have you tried resetting your router to default?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Network troubleshooter
    to find and fix issues with your internet connection. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try these things:

• Reset the TCP/IP stack
    • Release the IP address
    • Renew the IP address
    • Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache

To run these networking commands in a command prompt window

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

localhost missing

1. localhost missing - Similar Threads - localhost missing

2. No longer able to browse to localhost using https

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to browse to localhost using https: IDK is tis is the right sub-forum, but... so for years I have developed sites hosted locally under IIS7, and been able to browse to them using https://localhost/[whatever]... today my browser suddenly tells me it's insecure and that the certificate has expired.Opening mmc.exe...
  3. No longer able to browse to localhost using https

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer able to browse to localhost using https: IDK is tis is the right sub-forum, but... so for years I have developed sites hosted locally under IIS7, and been able to browse to them using https://localhost/[whatever]... today my browser suddenly tells me it's insecure and that the certificate has expired.Opening mmc.exe...
  4. GET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost printing on pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost printing on pages: Win11, new HP computer Epson WF7710 printerGET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost prints so often whether I'm using the computer or not. It does this repeatedly. I turn the printer off so I don't waste paper and ink. I've tried all the fixes on various sites but...
  5. GET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost printing on pages

GET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost printing on pages: Win11, new HP computer Epson WF7710 printerGET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost prints so often whether I'm using the computer or not. It does this repeatedly. I turn the printer off so I don't waste paper and ink. I've tried all the fixes on various sites but...
  6. WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac: Hello everyone I am trying to figure out how to get the WSL to work with the windows proxy settings? We are using a pac file, and I can not figure out how to configure the wsl to use it. We use the zscaler service. If you are not familiar it is a local proxyservice. it runs a...
  7. WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac

WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac: Hello everyone I am trying to figure out how to get the WSL to work with the windows proxy settings? We are using a pac file, and I can not figure out how to configure the wsl to use it. We use the zscaler service. If you are not familiar it is a local proxyservice. it runs a...
  8. Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.: Hello, I'm using an old windows laptop as a prototype for my project. In my project, students connect to my laptop's hotspot as a form of internet access. A localhost proxy is running on my windows laptop to block websites that students are not allowed to access. Despite...
  9. Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.

Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.: Hello, I'm using an old windows laptop as a prototype for my project. In my project, students connect to my laptop's hotspot as a form of internet access. A localhost proxy is running on my windows laptop to block websites that students are not allowed to access. Despite...
  10. Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. localhost missing