Windows 10: localhost

Discus and support localhost in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I am using xampp to set up my own web server. My problem is I think, not being able to access port 80, which I think is related to iisrid.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grymes, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Grymes Win User

localhost

Hello

I am using xampp to set up my own web server.

My problem is I think, not being able to access port 80, which I think is related to iisrid.

Anyway if any one knows what is happening here and has any suggestions would be appreciated localhost af996084-1c34-4d1e-bf1f-6c7d89c20503?upload=true.png

:)

Grymes, Jan 22, 2020

2. Access localhost from another computer

Localhost, as the name suggests, points at the localhost. Use the hostname or IP from your computer on their PC's. ie something in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x range most likely.

DanTheBanjoman, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Failed to connect to localhost

Hi Mike,

One of the possible reasons why you were unable to connect to the localhost
    is because of the configuration set within the LAN (Local Area Network). To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Are you using a computer connected to a secured network or
      domain
      ?
    • Have you tried resetting your router to default?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Network troubleshooter
    to find and fix issues with your internet connection. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try these things:

• Reset the TCP/IP stack
    • Release the IP address
    • Renew the IP address
    • Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache

To run these networking commands in a command prompt window

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 22, 2020
  4. tanstry Win User

localhost

Lost localhost access after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

I used to run web apps on localhost (on a dedicated port) and it works well on Windows 8.1.

After the upgrade to Windows 10, I cannot access to the apps via any kind of browsers, I always get a timeout error...

localhost access (direct or on a port) seems blocked.

I found some known causes on forums but nothing changes:

• disabled IIS
    • tried to find World Wide Web Publishing Service: not running on my PC
    • allowed Localhost Loopback in Edge

Does anyone meet the same issue?

Thanks

tanstry, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

localhost

1. localhost - Similar Threads - localhost

2. No longer able to browse to localhost using https

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to browse to localhost using https: IDK is tis is the right sub-forum, but... so for years I have developed sites hosted locally under IIS7, and been able to browse to them using https://localhost/[whatever]... today my browser suddenly tells me it's insecure and that the certificate has expired.Opening mmc.exe...
  3. No longer able to browse to localhost using https

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer able to browse to localhost using https: IDK is tis is the right sub-forum, but... so for years I have developed sites hosted locally under IIS7, and been able to browse to them using https://localhost/[whatever]... today my browser suddenly tells me it's insecure and that the certificate has expired.Opening mmc.exe...
  4. GET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost printing on pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost printing on pages: Win11, new HP computer Epson WF7710 printerGET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost prints so often whether I'm using the computer or not. It does this repeatedly. I turn the printer off so I don't waste paper and ink. I've tried all the fixes on various sites but...
  5. GET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost printing on pages

GET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost printing on pages: Win11, new HP computer Epson WF7710 printerGET /eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost prints so often whether I'm using the computer or not. It does this repeatedly. I turn the printer off so I don't waste paper and ink. I've tried all the fixes on various sites but...
  6. WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac: Hello everyone I am trying to figure out how to get the WSL to work with the windows proxy settings? We are using a pac file, and I can not figure out how to configure the wsl to use it. We use the zscaler service. If you are not familiar it is a local proxyservice. it runs a...
  7. WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac

WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac: Hello everyone I am trying to figure out how to get the WSL to work with the windows proxy settings? We are using a pac file, and I can not figure out how to configure the wsl to use it. We use the zscaler service. If you are not familiar it is a local proxyservice. it runs a...
  8. Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.: Hello, I'm using an old windows laptop as a prototype for my project. In my project, students connect to my laptop's hotspot as a form of internet access. A localhost proxy is running on my windows laptop to block websites that students are not allowed to access. Despite...
  9. Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.

Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.: Hello, I'm using an old windows laptop as a prototype for my project. In my project, students connect to my laptop's hotspot as a form of internet access. A localhost proxy is running on my windows laptop to block websites that students are not allowed to access. Despite...
  10. Force hotspot connections through localhost proxy.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access local host windows phone