Windows 10: LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall using a very high percentage of CPU on windows 10

Discus and support LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall using a very high percentage of CPU on windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running a 64 bit windows 10 system according to the winver command my version of windows is version 1903 OS Build 18362.778 There are times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by barrykimelman, May 10, 2020.

1. LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall using a very high percentage of CPU on windows 10

I am running a 64 bit windows 10 system

according to the winver command my version of windows is version 1903 OS Build 18362.778

There are times when LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall is using well over 40% of the CPU and as a resu;t everything else on my laptop ends up running very slowly.

I saw this question asked once before but the only reply was a question asking what version of windows were you using.

I did some google searching and found an article which suggested that I should "restore firewalls to default" under the settings app.

what is the best thing to try ?

Thanks.

:)

barrykimelman, May 10, 2020

2. LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall Consumes Large Amount of CPU on a Regular Basis

For the last 3 weeks or so, the service LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall has been consuming 40 to 50% of my cpu. If I restart the system multiple times, I am sometimes successful in lowering the amount of cpu being used by LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall. I
    am running Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752).

LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall using a very high percentage of CPU on windows 10 cf510364-2a86-4518-9c7b-439cbb46fbd0?upload=true.png

StevenWhite6, May 10, 2020
  3. Rick.T Win User
    Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, May 10, 2020
  4. LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall using a very high percentage of CPU on windows 10

windows 10 high constant cpu usage

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?
    I would like to inform you that High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Additional info:

Performance & maintenance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/performance-maintenance-help#performance-maintenance-help=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 10, 2020
Thema:

LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall using a very high percentage of CPU on windows 10

1. LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall using a very high percentage of CPU on windows 10 - Similar Threads - LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall using very

2. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  3. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  4. High cpu percentage on task manager

High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  5. Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.: Sometimes when I start a game or try to stream for twitch, 2 of windows services start running using a lot of CPU percentage, which slows my pc a lot and I can't really play. The services are State Repository and Role Access Manager.I tried many solutions and seems like the...
  6. Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.

Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.: Sometimes when I start a game or try to stream for twitch, 2 of windows services start running using a lot of CPU percentage, which slows my pc a lot and I can't really play. The services are State Repository and Role Access Manager.I tried many solutions and seems like the...
  7. Fix LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall High CPU or Power Usage

in Windows 10 News
    Fix LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall High CPU or Power Usage: [ATTACH]LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall is a service used by Windows Defender Firewall and is a part of Windows security. In general scenarios, it doesn’t consume much memory space and resources. However, some users have complained that the LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall service...
  8. System interrupts using high percentage of CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts using high percentage of CPU: Occasionally my PC will slow down drastically. I will open task manager to find out what is causing the slowdown, only to find system interrupts using about 80% of my CPU. The problem I have with troubleshooting this is that unlike other users who have posted about this...
  9. localservicenonetworkfirewall using fairly high amount of cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    localservicenonetworkfirewall using fairly high amount of cpu: this service suddenly pop out and eat fairly high cpu constantly. already tried resetting firewall setting and including windows defender folder in defender exclusion but nothing worked [ATTACH]...
  10. CPU high percentage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU high percentage: Antimalware service executable is consuming a lot of CPU. How do I disable it ? * Moved from Win 10/Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cpu-high-percentage/98023cc6-d869-4f4f-98dd-b3fa9077bbd7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start k localservicenonetworkfirewall

2. localservicenonetworkfirewall p

3. local servicesnonetworkfirewall

4. localservicenonetworkfirewall high cpu