Windows 10: Locate and manually download a driver

Discus and support Locate and manually download a driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 updated I have an HP Pocket Media Drive that will not connect to one of my Windows 10 computers. I have a thread about this, where I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by snowshed, Oct 3, 2020.

1. snowshed Win User

Locate and manually download a driver

Windows 10 updated

I have an HP Pocket Media Drive that will not connect to one of my Windows 10 computers. I have a thread about this, where I was told there were no drivers for it. By serendipity, I had the drive connected to another Windows 10 computer, and Windows downloaded an updated driver for the computer.

Pocket Media Drive thread

It's possible the power supply is at fault for the failure to connect the drive, but I'd like to try to manually install the updated driver and see if that solves the problem. It's a lot less work. <G>

Where/how can I find this driver, and then install it after downloading?

:)

snowshed, Oct 3, 2020

2. to enable usb3 driver manually on windows10

Hi,

One of the possible locations where the USB driver was stored would be in the Downloads folder.

If you are not able to find the said driver in the Downloads folder, then we suggest that you contact your

device manufacturer
    so that they can provide you all the steps and information to locate and activate the needed driver.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Locate and manually download a driver - Similar Threads - Locate manually download

2. Bluetooth driver not showing up after unistalling it. Manually downloaded bluetooth driver...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver not showing up after unistalling it. Manually downloaded bluetooth driver...: I unistalled my bluetooth drivers after having some issues with it after a guide told me that Windows would automatically install it again. After restarting numerous times, Bluetooth has not shown back up under Device Manager even under 'hidden devices'. I tried installing...
  3. Windows Update - Manual driver download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - Manual driver download: Hello community,i got some driver installed by the windows update function. The driver in question is called:CORSAIR MEMORY, INC. - Monitor - 1.0.0.2and i can see it in the update history for windows update driver updates.This entry cannot be clicked and there is no other...
  4. Windows Update - Manual driver download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update - Manual driver download: Hello community,i got some driver installed by the windows update function. The driver in question is called:CORSAIR MEMORY, INC. - Monitor - 1.0.0.2and i can see it in the update history for windows update driver updates.This entry cannot be clicked and there is no other...
  5. Where do I find drivers for manual download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find drivers for manual download?: Currently need the drivers for an xbox 360 controller, but i do not have an xbox 360 controllerHave a playstation 4 controller. any and all workarounds and solutions to get my controller working, require the drivers for an xbox controller to "auto-detect" one. But i do not...
  6. Where do I find drivers for manual download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I find drivers for manual download?: Currently need the drivers for an xbox 360 controller, but i do not have an xbox 360 controllerHave a playstation 4 controller. any and all workarounds and solutions to get my controller working, require the drivers for an xbox controller to "auto-detect" one. But i do not...
  7. Where do I find drivers for manual download?

8. Motherboard manual downloads going the way of free driver downloads

Motherboard manual downloads going the way of free driver downloads: It used to be easy to search for and download older motherboard manuals, now it seems to be a miasma of clickbait and potential malware, just like the search for genuine device drivers became in the past. Does anyone have any good ideas to get around the bad guys? I am...
  9. Manually download email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Manually download email: Hello I need to access my emails as they come in so I have selected the manual download setting but how do I "manually" force them to download? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manually-download-email/5ecffd17-21ea-4950-bc6f-aa35ce900102
  10. Manually Download Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually Download Update: I have a limited wifi issue. Toshiba states update KB3114149 may solve the issue. I can't determine if this update was included when I upgraded to 10586/1511 as it is not listed in Update History. Is there a way to manually download that update ? 32690