Windows 10: Locate Build number of network machines

Discus and support Locate Build number of network machines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have a network with about 80 client machines, mostly running Windows 10 on the desktops. Is there a tool we can run on our domain controller or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Gaug, Jun 21, 2019.

1. John Gaug Win User

Locate Build number of network machines

We have a network with about 80 client machines, mostly running Windows 10 on the desktops. Is there a tool we can run on our domain controller or some way that we can retrieve a list of the OS and Build level on each machine? We have several network management tools that provide us with the OS but they all stop at Windows 10 or Windows 7 and don't provide the Build.

:)

John Gaug, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

add a network location windows 10

Hi Erich,

Adding a network place in Windows allows you to access FTP, Windows file shares, and some HTTP servers directly in My Network Places, without having to use an FTP client.
    To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried adding a network location?
    • Are you trying to add a network location or map a network drive?

Meanwhile, if you're adding a network location, we suggest that you follow these steps below about adding a network location:

• Open This PC in File Explorer, click on the Computer tab, click on the
      Add a network location button in the ribbon.
    • Click on Next in the Add Network Location wizard.
    • Click on Choose a custom network location, and click on
      Next
    • Type the address of the website, FTP site, or network location you want to add, and click on
      Next.
    • If you are allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, click on
      Next
    • Type a name you want for this network location in This PC, and click on
      Next
    • If you are not allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, then uncheck the
      Log on anonymously box, enter the user name for the network location, and click on
      Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • If you could not log on anonymously to this network location, you will see a
      Log On As
      dialog prompting you to enter the user name and password for this network location. Check the
      Save password box if you do not want to be required to type the user name and password every time you access this network location. Click on
      Log On when finished.
    • The network location will now open.

If you're mapping a network, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to map a network drive.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 21, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Locate Build number of network machines

Cannot Backup to Network Location - Win10 Creator

Hi,

There are several factors that can prevent you from creating a backup in a network location, This could be caused by the shared locations permissions or the file path designated is incomplete. We need a few more details so we can provide the next steps.
    Kindly answer the questions below:

• What is the version and build of Windows 10 Creators Update that you have currently installed in your computer?
    • For the prompt asking you to enter network credentials, does the other computer have a local login?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Locate Build number of network machines

1. Locate Build number of network machines - Similar Threads - Locate Build number

2. My Build number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Build number: My Build number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-build-number/0416772d-f225-41a2-8d53-c8a0fe242ac5
  3. get machine serial number

in Windows 10 Customization
    get machine serial number: Windows 10, desktop system. We replaced a desktop unit over the weekend. Now we need to transfer the accounting software and for that we need the serial number of the machine we replaced. I right clicked start > left clicked Run > typed 'wmic bios get serialnumber' into the...
  4. Network Number

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Number: I'm connected to a mobile hotspot and the network number has reached 114.I wonder why this is?? I've looked in the Network settings and haven't found anything that points to this.Does a setting need changing??Are there another 113 network settings somewhere that should be...
  5. Version & Build numbers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version & Build numbers: Quick question: WinVer shows I am running Version 1903 (Build 18362.356); so am I on 19H1? I see sites that show: Windows 10 build 18323 (version 19h1 1903), another shows: Windows 10 build 18317 (19H1). These numbers are just confusing. 142776
  6. Logical build numbers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logical build numbers.: I have been thinking about the build numbering system. I think that there would be more sense if the numbers meant something. My idea; First 2 numbers are the year, the next 3 divided; 000 to 499 for the first half of the year and 500 to 999 for the second part of the...
  7. Unable to locate network machines while using SMBv2 protocol

Unable to locate network machines while using SMBv2 protocol: A week or two ago (around NewYear 2019) my Win10 based laptop stopped seeing local network machines using SMB2 protocol. Accessing shares by explicit machine names works fine. Before that I had no problems with listing active machine names. Nothing was changed from my side;...
  8. Network Location Changing on Domained and undomained machines randomly

Network Location Changing on Domained and undomained machines randomly: Hello, What is going on with Windows 10 and Netowork locations? I work in an enterprise environment and have computers that are domained and some that are not. About 3 or 4 machines out of the 30 or so that run Windows 10 have weird network location issues. There is one...
  9. Where is build number?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is build number?: [img] [img] [img] I can't find screenshot "can't find". I have This PC properties screenshot "my system". I have in settings screenshot "my settings". I've been thru all icons and still can't find screenshot "can't find". Don Cole 92385
  10. Full build number

in Windows 10 Support
    Full build number: Is there a command or power shell script to show the full version and build number. I am trying to find the following for example on remote pc's Build 14393.351 Thanks 68432