Windows 10: locate trash folder

Discus and support locate trash folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I find my trash folder? it isn't on my desktop and im looking for a two month old word document that doesn't come up in any of my searches.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeRolince, Feb 5, 2019.

1. locate trash folder

how do I find my trash folder? it isn't on my desktop and im looking for a two month old word document that doesn't come up in any of my searches.

:)

MikeRolince, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 5, 2019
  4. locate trash folder

Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

locate trash folder

1. locate trash folder - Similar Threads - locate trash folder

2. Folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder location: Am I able to move folders within a drive that was made up to another drive?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-location/ef5093ad-3bd8-48f3-8d66-2a95742f370d
  3. Folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder location: Am I able to move folders within a drive that was made up to another drive?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-location/ef5093ad-3bd8-48f3-8d66-2a95742f370d
  4. Emptying Trash folder in Windows10

Emptying Trash folder in Windows10: When I empty my trash folder in outlook, all other folders are emptied too, this is the second time this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emptying-trash-folder-in-windows10/0ee64f4d-2725-4b33-8a02-2ee2050da776
  5. Folder location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder location: Hi, I wanted to change the locations of the folders Download, Picture and Videos to drive D:/ Unfortunately this is what happen when I apply those changes. Cant change the name of the folder as you can see below and change to default and still the same. [ATTACH]...
  6. Trash folder in GMail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trash folder in GMail: How do I program my Windows 10 Gmail accounts to empty the trash folders upon exit??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trash-folder-in-gmail/7a504510-2d82-4a78-b183-dff0c462dc12
  7. Windows incoming mail bouncing to trash folder

Windows incoming mail bouncing to trash folder: I recently completely restored my computer and downloaded Windows 10. I set up the Windows 10 Mail product without difficulty. After one month of working without a problem, all of the sudden incoming emails are randomly being shunted to my trash folder just spontaneously....
  8. Trash Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trash Folder: Hi, for whatever reason I no longer show a "Trash" folder AND whenever I left click to delete a file etc my computer kind blinks out, comes back quickly(1-2 seconds) , but the file is still there. Any troubleshoot input is appreciated...
  9. Emptying folder like for trash

in Windows 10 Support
    Emptying folder like for trash: Hello, (on windows 10) I'm looking for a way to empty a folder content like if it was the main trash can. .bat, .reg or shell extension; I didn't found what i want. 114092
  10. Need permission to move folder to Trash

in Windows 10 Support
    Need permission to move folder to Trash: I can't move a folder to the Trash because it says I need permission but under Properties there are three owners (System, myself and my email account [the last one is listed as owner] and each has full access afaik, how can I proceed? P.S. It is a private computer. 95743

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exact location of trash folder in hpalm

2. windows phone trash folder