Windows 10: Locating and Exporting 'Network Sign-in' and VPN Settings in Windows 10 (Enterprise)

Discus and support Locating and Exporting 'Network Sign-in' and VPN Settings in Windows 10 (Enterprise) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm in need of assistance in locating VPN settings w/ Network Sign-in option. Interested in deploying them through GPO but running into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JMS_ITSPec_DB, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Locating and Exporting 'Network Sign-in' and VPN Settings in Windows 10 (Enterprise)

Greetings,

I'm in need of assistance in locating VPN settings w/ Network Sign-in option. Interested in deploying them through GPO but running into an issue finding the settings.

Now... I know where the VPN settings are located IF you create the VPN through Network & Internet > VPN > 'Add a VPN Connection'. Those settings are located at %AppData%\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk folder. If you need a Network Sign-in option at login while your out of the office, I've always gone to Network and Sharing Center and going through the 'Set up a new connection or network' wizard. If you go this route, the settings are NOT stored at %AppData%\Microsoft\Network\Connections. If I go through and create the VPN through the first option and then go back to the second option BUT choose the VPN connection settings to use, Network Sign-in shows up, but nothing changes in the file.

Also, to be clear, I realize there is an option in the GPO to deploy VPN but the settings for CISCO Meraki aren't compatible with Microsoft through GPO (Pre Shared Key) or through PowerShell script...

Any thoughts or questions are appreciated,

Dean Bennett

:)

JMS_ITSPec_DB, Aug 20, 2019
  2. redturtle Win User

Set Network Location to Private or Public in Windows 10  

Hi Brink and thank you for the welcome Locating and Exporting 'Network Sign-in' and VPN Settings in Windows 10 (Enterprise) :)

I tried what you suggested but when doing this, i noticed that whenever i am connected to my VPN, the Windows network shows up as "unidentified network" instead of network 1,2,3 or whatever. So when i went into regedit and looked for networks, i found some but none called unidentified.
    There was one network with the value 0 so i changed it to 1 (private) but after checking, my VPN connection still shows as public.

I am not really sure why it says unidentified network in Windows when i am connected to the VPN but it seems that this is the cause for the problem. If i could only find the VPN network in the list of networks in regedit, i think i would be able to change the value to 1.

Hmm..not sure how to proceed with this. Any ideas?

Locating and Exporting 'Network Sign-in' and VPN Settings in Windows 10 (Enterprise) [​IMG]

redturtle, Aug 20, 2019
  3. How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Locating and Exporting 'Network Sign-in' and VPN Settings in Windows 10 (Enterprise)

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Locating and Exporting 'Network Sign-in' and VPN Settings in Windows 10 (Enterprise)

1. Locating and Exporting 'Network Sign-in' and VPN Settings in Windows 10 (Enterprise) - Similar Threads - Locating Exporting 'Network

2. How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10: Windows 10 is making our lives easier every day by adding every feature desired by the users. One of the most useful functions it offers is to import and export VPN in no time to the system. Virtual Private Network or VPN, offers a protected network connection to the user...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise subscription is not valid on VPN networks

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise subscription is not valid on VPN networks: Our environment is hybrid joined and some machines on our vpn platform are reverting back to windows 10 pro from windows 10 enterprise. We've ensured that the user licensing is correct.. its just the vpn software because their in-office machines are still on windows 10...
  4. Signing Into VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Signing Into VPN: I'm getting the message " Failed to load preferences" when trying to sign into my VPN. Has anyone else come across this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-into-vpn/6e4e763b-fefa-4d0b-b24d-ebebe865d077
  5. VPN location query

VPN location query: Recently joined Malwarebytes VPN service 'Privacy'. All looked good using a server based in Manchester, UK. Then MS blocked my account as operating from a new location. Romaina...... When looking at my recent activity on my MS account, yes it shows Romania not...
  6. VPN's and metered networks Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN's and metered networks Windows 10: Hello, I have Windows 10 and have been told that creating a VPN is recommended. I'm pretty new to trying to do this stuff myself so please forgive my ignorance. I was wondering what kind of VPN to use, there's a setting for automatic, and I was planning to use...
  7. Windows 10 VPN settings

Windows 10 VPN settings: Hello, I have been having an issue with VPN connections on some windows 10 Machines, this does not happen on windows 7 and while not all Windows 10 Machines are affected it seems this is the only common factor. The issue is as follows: VPN is setup initially either from...
  8. Exporting a VPN connection windows 10

Exporting a VPN connection windows 10: I would advise waiting for your VPN provider to update their VPN service for Windows 10 1803.
  9. Set Network Location to Private or Public in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Network Location to Private or Public in Windows 10: How to: Set Network Location to Private, Public, or Domain in Windows 10 How to Set Network Location to Private, Public, or Domain in Windows 10 A network location identifies the type of network that a PC is connected to with a network adapter. By default, the first...
  10. Exporting Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Exporting Windows 10 Settings: Hi, Since i have multiple computers running Windows 10, how do i export settings and install it on my other computers? Willing to use 3rd-party software 48318