Windows 10: locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages

Discus and support locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need help with locating and opening a file saved as a Temp File in APP Data/Local Packages.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TracieDavis1, Sep 17, 2019.

1. locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages

I need help with locating and opening a file saved as a Temp File in APP Data/Local Packages.

:)

TracieDavis1, Sep 17, 2019

2. Where are the files for the store app located?

Hi Yehuda,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I would like to inform that the apps that are downloaded from Windows Store will be located in the location:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages

To navigate to this location, you will have to unhide the hidden folders by following the steps provided below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check the option for Hidden items.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 17, 2019
  3. mystvearn Win User
    Open file location is missing in pinned apps

Yes. This is the one. Weirdly it now shows all the recent files after update. Maybe that has something to do with it. I did not do anything at all.

Thank you again. I guess the problem is solved.

mystvearn, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages

Open file location is missing in pinned apps

No, that's not the sort of 'file location' the OP is referring to. Your 'file location' opens File Explorer at the location of the shortcut for that app in the Start Menu's Programs folder. The OP wants the list of recently opened files, or the Jump List as it is known (hover over each one and it shows its file location). Theirs is turned off (and yours by the looks of it).

locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages [​IMG]

Thema:

locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages

1. locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages - Similar Threads - locating opening lost

2. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  3. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  4. What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...: So I found this in the Local App Data folder. I found an file that says ".__explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete__" and has an file extension of the same name and when I open it up with my text editor, it says the same name of this file. What does it do? Is it safe? Is it...
  5. App roaming data location in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    App roaming data location in File Explorer.: Hi, once I came across the roaming data of Opera, and found some useless stuff. I want to clear all roaming data, could you tell me where is the path located in File Explorer?...
  6. Lost data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost data file: I switched to Edge from Chrome and restarted the computer. I lost a data file somewhere during this time. I have searched my computer and cannot find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data-file/8fe31425-a5a1-40a4-96d8-5be8505c71b3
  7. Lost data files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost data files: I am trying to use Turbo Tax. Attempted to copy tax file from pc to thumb drive and cd to use on Mac. However software failed to work on Mac. So started Turbo Tax on pc and it can’t find last years return data. My question is, by using send to instead of copy, have I...
  8. Lost app data

Lost app data: After upgrade to Windows 10 1903 I have lost app profiles and app data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-app-data/e4570ea8-5c9f-4dbc-acf3-977a6125e183
  9. Windows 10 OneNote App Local File Location

Windows 10 OneNote App Local File Location: My significant other has all of their medical school notes stored in the onenote windows 10 app. This inst the 365 version since the school provides 365 without OneNote support, so there is no way to export as a notebook only PDFs that are unreadable. Last time they tried...
  10. People App's Data File Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App's Data File Location: Where does the People App keep its data? I make frequent changes and updates and would like to make a copy after each change. I lost all the names after a KBCI error and had to restore Windows from a day old Macrium backup. I sure would have been easier to just drag and drop...