Windows 10: Locating digital license to obtain a windows 10 copy for reinstallation

Discus and support Locating digital license to obtain a windows 10 copy for reinstallation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I was browsing on another browser when Microsoft Edge popped up with a "remote desktop access to windows 10 pc" search in chinese. As I don't use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GeorgeChang1, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Locating digital license to obtain a windows 10 copy for reinstallation

So I was browsing on another browser when Microsoft Edge popped up with a "remote desktop access to windows 10 pc" search in chinese. As I don't use Edge at all and impossible for me to activate and search with only 3 mouse clicks, it leads me to conclude someone has access.

I am currently reading up on how to secure my computer and one recommendation involves reformatting/reinstalling the os.

My relative had given me his win 7 or 8 laptop and I've upgrade to Windows 10 with the free offer a few years ago. I've checked and this pc account is still linked to his. In the event I do need to reinstall the OS, how do I go about downloading and installing a copy of Window 10 with the digital license?

:)

GeorgeChang1, Jun 24, 2020

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 24, 2020
  3. digital license requirement

Hello William,

Digital license or Digital entitlement can be obtained when a Windows device has been upgraded from an old version to the latest one. If you have an old Windows 7 device that was upgraded to Windows 10, the product key will be converted to a Digital license
    which is stored on our Activation servers. Digital license activation will not prompt for a product key during installation.

Here are some scenarios that will require a Digital license activation:

• Upgrading to Windows 10 for free from an eligible device running a genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
    • Buying genuine Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store and successfully activated Windows 10.
    • Buying a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store and successfully activated Windows 10.
    • Being a Windows Insider and upgrading to the newest Windows 10 Insider Preview build on an eligible device that was running an activated earlier version of Windows and Windows 10 Preview.

For more information about Digital license, kindly refer to this support article.

Hope this information helps. Let us know if you any other concerns.

Devlin Sco, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Locating digital license to obtain a windows 10 copy for reinstallation

Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Locating digital license to obtain a windows 10 copy for reinstallation

1. Locating digital license to obtain a windows 10 copy for reinstallation - Similar Threads - Locating digital license

2. obtain old copy of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    obtain old copy of windows 10: I need a copy of Windows 10, an old copy. I have a license and key. I used Windows 10 sucessfully until a revision came out. I reloaded and old copy and turned off automatic updates, Everything was fine. I inadvertently turn on automatic updates and Windows failed after an...
  3. obtain old copy of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    obtain old copy of windows 10: I need a copy of Windows 10, an old copy. I have a license and key. I used Windows 10 sucessfully until a revision came out. I reloaded and old copy and turned off automatic updates, Everything was fine. I inadvertently turn on automatic updates and Windows failed after an...
  4. obtain old copy of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Digital License & Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital License & Reinstallation: I recently bought a new PC that came preinstalled with Windows 10. Under Activation Settings it reads 'Windows is activated with a digital license'. Considering the message below, will I still be able to re-install Windows if I don't add my Microsoft account? I don't have a...
  6. Windows 10 Reinstall with Digital License

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Reinstall with Digital License: submitted by /u/ThisIsMyName23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjog49/windows_10_reinstall_with_digital_license/
  7. Reinstalling of windows 10 home digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling of windows 10 home digital license: Can I uninstall windows from my laptop which came with pre installed windows 10 home? I want to install windows again but after some time. Is it possible to do so?...
  8. Reinstall Windows 10 without Digital License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 without Digital License: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 as part of the free upgrade promotion. Unfortuntely I need to reinstall Windows 10 as the operating system has become corrupt. I can get to the command prompt, and the reinstall options, but not load Windows. Can I find my...
  9. Where to obtain the digital license for Window 10 upgrade?

Where to obtain the digital license for Window 10 upgrade?: I installed the Windows 10 free upgrade sometime ago. Now the system asking for activation of the Windows 10. I do not have the digital license . Please help....
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 (digital license)

Reinstall Windows 10 (digital license): I have a friend, she has a Dell laptop that had Windows 7 and upgrade to Windows 10 when it was free her hard drive failed and so we bought a new hard drive and are ready to reinstall can I download Windows 10 iso and install that and would it recognized it as the same...