Windows 10: locating files on SD Drive

Discus and support locating files on SD Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an SD Card reader that was working the last time I used it. Now it isn't being recognized at all. How can I fix that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeraldLink, Jun 14, 2019.

1. locating files on SD Drive

I have an SD Card reader that was working the last time I used it. Now it isn't being recognized at all. How can I fix that?

:)

GeraldLink, Jun 14, 2019

2. Win 10: Using File History to Backup an SD card *and* the main drive

Thanks, I want to make sure I keep the drives straight.

I think you may have more success using the old Control Panel instead of the Settings app to configure this (the Windows 7 style Control Panel).

Also as a little background, the File History uses the Libraries as a search index to find files to backup. And Libraries (and also in turn, File History) do require that the location you want to include be in the search indexer's scope of places to index
    (it uses the index to determine when a file has changed since the previous copy was made).

So I'd like to suggest creating a library that includes folders on your D: drive.

1. Open File Explorer
    2. In the left navigation panel, right-click any blank space and choose "Show Libraries" (if it's not already visible)
    3. Right-click the Libraries heading and choose "New Library" and give it a name like "SD Card" (that name doesn't really matter)
    4. Right-click that newly created library and choose Properties.
    5. Add the SD card to the list of locations.
    Or alternatively instead of the above, add the SD card to the existing Pictures library's search scope (perform steps 4 and 5 on the existing Pictures library).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 14, 2019
  3. gini Win User
    Program installed on SD card runs but is not shown on drive

Great call! Program was on C drive. not the SD card. Prior to installation, I'd set new apps to be saved to the SD card, but after the installation I changed the setting back to This PC, as I didn't want all future apps to automatically install to the SD card. I will have to try an installation again to see if the program is located where I think it is!

Thank you!

4. locating files on SD Drive

Unable to view images in SD Card

Original title: 32gb SD Card

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in trying to solve the issue.

I suggest you to check the size of the SD drive and the size of the image in the SD drive. If there is any change in the size, the images might be hidden. So I suggest you to unhide the hidden files by following the steps below.

• Right click on the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/(copy and paste) the command below:
    attrib –h –r -s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the Last letter "D" by the drive letter as per the system

assigned for your flash drive)

3. Type Exit and press Enter.

Now open the SD card and check for the status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

locating files on SD Drive

1. locating files on SD Drive - Similar Threads - locating files Drive

2. One drive file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive file location: Why is one drive located in two different places in file explorer. i.e. it is located under "This pc" and "my user name"". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-file-location/c5517dad-f530-4fc4-9571-34def27c3c88
  3. One drive file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive file location: Why is one drive located in two different places in file explorer. i.e. it is located under "This pc" and "my user name"". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-file-location/c5517dad-f530-4fc4-9571-34def27c3c88
  4. One drive file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Overwrite file location with storage drive (file explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    Overwrite file location with storage drive (file explorer): Managed to overwrite "3D Objects" file with the hard drive disk (I), as I was trying to reroute file locations away from the full capacity SSD (C). Is it possible to restore the file back to 3D Objects, or is it permanently transformed? [img] Refer to system 2 specs....
  6. sd drive

sd drive: My SD card slot will not allow me to push the card in and hear the click indicating the card is secured in the machine. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-drive/7898f1d4-52c7-4e4a-9810-c668e21fddad"
  7. sd card files

sd card files: Hi I am trying to play files from my Dashcam SD Card I get message saying windows media cant play files as it doesn't know which codec was used to compress the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files/7234fbb0-99d2-46fc-8a7d-767106d4691d"
  8. Change maps download location to sd card

Change maps download location to sd card: Hello all. I have a Surface Go and have been trying to change the default download for offline maps to microsdxc. In settings/storage I am able change the default download location for music, documents, videos, apps from C: to D: (microsdxc). For offline maps when I click on...
  9. C Drive Full and SD Card Corrupting Files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C Drive Full and SD Card Corrupting Files: Hey, hope this is in the right place. So my C drive is literally full. No space whatsoever. I've attempted multiple times to clean it out, deleting folders, using software to clean out junk files, everything. I cannot delete anything in the C drive because it's system...
  10. Dual Drive Files Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Drive Files Location: Hi, New laptop with dual drives SSD/HDD. I changed files location in Settings>System>Storage to HDD. But in File Explorer I have in This PC another set of Library Files and Desktop folder(s). Their location is SSD should I remove them? or are they hidden files and location...