Windows 10: Locating IRST Drivers

Discus and support Locating IRST Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has anyone found IRST drivers that work in Windows 10? I attempted to install 14.5.0.1081 WHQL and 14.0.0.1143 WHQL but it said, "This platform is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SightUp, Jul 28, 2015.

1. SightUp Win User

Locating IRST Drivers

Has anyone found IRST drivers that work in Windows 10? I attempted to install 14.5.0.1081 WHQL and 14.0.0.1143 WHQL but it said, "This platform is not supported." Recommendations?

:)

SightUp, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows Build 16299.15 - System Process Consuming High CPU - PCs Sluggish or unresponsive

Last year, it was revealed the IRST Driver could be a likely culprit. IRST, which stands for Intel Rapid Storage Technology, is a storage driver developed by Intel for use with a variety of storage configurations; such as RAID (redundant array of inexpensive
    disks) and SATA drives. Modern operating systems such as Windows 10 no longer require IRST driver and can manage such configurations out of the box.

AHCI which stands for Advance Host Controller Interface has been supported out of the box since Windows Vista. If you happen to have Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver installed, you can uninstall it to see if it improves stability. If there is a specific
    reason you need to keep IRST, then you can try updating it using either the Intel Driver Update Utility or download the latest IRST driver manually and install it. You should check the manufacturers website for your computer model for the latest IRST.

How to uninstall IRST:

Press Windows key + X

Click Programs and Features

Scroll down then select Intel Rapid Storage Technology, right click it then click uninstall.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Help 100% disk usage

Its possible the IRST Driver is the likely culprit. IRST, which stands for Intel Rapid Storage Technology, is a storage driver developed by Intel for use with a variety of storage configurations; such as RAID (redundant array of inexpensive disks) and
    SATA drives. Modern operating systems such as Windows 10 no longer require IRST driver and can manage such configurations out of the box.

AHCI which stands for Advance Host Controller Interface has been supported out of the box since Windows Vista. If you happen to have Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver installed, you can uninstall it to see if it improves stability. If there is a specific
    reason you need to keep IRST, then you can try updating it using either the Intel Driver Update Utility or download the latest IRST driver manually and install it. You should check the manufacturers website for your computer model for the latest IRST.

How to uninstall IRST:

Press Windows key + X

Click Apps & Features

Scroll down then select Intel Rapid Storage Technology, right click it then click uninstall.

With Windows 10 providing built in support for AHCI, there is no need to install or keep IRST. So, if you happen to be experiencing freezes on the Windows 10 , this is the first place to check.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2015
  4. venla Win User

Locating IRST Drivers

i used for series 5 mobo and works

venla, Jul 28, 2015
  5. venla Win User
    venla, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Nemix Win User
    These are for your motherboard: Intel Download Center

They are not made for Windows 10 so I'd recommend downloading the f6flpy-x64.zip then installing them manually through the Control Panel, if you don't know how to do so then just download the SetupRST.exe and make sure you run the file in compatibility mode for Windows 7/8/8.1 when installing.

Nemix, Jul 28, 2015
  7. SightUp Win User
    OK. I got it installed by extracting the .exe to a folder. It worked and I got it installed. However, the service actually doesn't ever start. The program is actually running though.

Has anyone else actually gotten it to work?

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Nemix Win User

Locating IRST Drivers

That's fine as is, you don't need the service to be running for the driver to work with your SATA controller; if you want to check if the driver installed correctly go to Control Panel > Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller and it should say Intel xxx SATA Controller.

This is the reason why I recommended installing just the driver manually via Control Panel's Device Manager, since IRST the software itself isn't written to be Windows 10 compatible but the driver should work just the same.

You're good as is, don't worry anymore about IRST on your machine. Try and look for any other driver or software related problems with Windows 10 you can possibly find a fix for via this forum.

Nemix, Jul 29, 2015
  9. SightUp Win User
    How do you install this via control panel?

Also, does it matter if I use the newest version with my older motherboard when it comes to IRST?

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Nemix Win User
    The newest version does not support your SATA chipset thus only that driver being the latest in the 13.x series works for your specific motherboard ATM.

Installing through Control Panel only installs the driver and not the IRST software which is not needed BTW, but since you went the second route of installing via Setup it works just the same only that you have the IRST software installed too that is not specifically written for Windows 10 thus the service is not starting but it's nothing to worry about since the driver installs through the Setup method too.

Nemix, Jul 29, 2015
  11. SightUp Win User
    Well, I actually installed 14.x.x. So I should uninstall then right and get 13.x?

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Nemix Win User
    If 14.x worked and supports your chipset then that's all good, I don't actually own a Intel motherboard with the exact same chipset as your but I do own a Intel laptop and the general basis for installing the SATA chipset driver is the same.

Like said, the way to check if the driver actually installed in going into the Control Panel > Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller and it should say Intel xxx SATA Controller.

Nemix, Jul 29, 2015
  13. SightUp Win User

Locating IRST Drivers

It said that prior to installing IRST. It said that after I installed the SATA drivers.

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  14. Nemix Win User
    Can you take a screenshot of the Intel SATA Controller as shown in your Device Manager and upload onto the thread.

Nemix, Jul 29, 2015
  15. SightUp Win User
    Locating IRST Drivers [​IMG]

Is this what you are looking for?

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Locating IRST Drivers

1. Locating IRST Drivers - Similar Threads - Locating IRST Drivers

2. Driver Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Locations: I added a second 1TB SSD to my motherboard and wanted to change that into my main one instead of my other SATA SSD. So I did a little bit of digging on google and found how to change the location of everything through regedit. I changed the location it downloads to my second...
  3. Regarding IRST AND WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding IRST AND WINDOWS: I just enabled IRST and set my both the drives in RAIDbut i was not able to acess the software for my ssd SMASUNG MAGICIANfor Samsung 980 pro i turned it off and windows gave me bsod Boot drive not available not eactly but somewhat like thisso is there way to turn it off...
  4. Regarding IRST AND WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding IRST AND WINDOWS: I just enabled IRST and set my both the drives in RAIDbut i was not able to acess the software for my ssd SMASUNG MAGICIANfor Samsung 980 pro i turned it off and windows gave me bsod Boot drive not available not eactly but somewhat like thisso is there way to turn it off...
  5. IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB: My laptop has a windows license written on the motherboard. I had switched to linux and now I'm switching back to Win10. When I boot from the win10 USB https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO, it tells me I'm missing a driver. Previously I switched back...
  6. IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB: My laptop has a windows license written on the motherboard. I had switched to linux and now I'm switching back to Win10. When I boot from the win10 USB https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO, it tells me I'm missing a driver. Previously I switched back...
  7. IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) drivers for Windows 10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) drivers for Windows 10 Install: It's been a little while but if I don't find a resolution for an Unknown Device error that is affecting a laptop, I may resort to a clean install. I know that if my BIOS is set to RAID, when I go to do a clean install of Windows, it will prompt me for RAID drivers during...
  9. IRST with new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRST with new SSD: I am getting ready to install a new SSD in my Dell XPS SE 8700. The current configuration of the OS drive is a 1TB. spinner with a 32 GB MSATA cache drive which is managed with Intel Rapid Store Technology, (IRST) I will be using Paragon "Migrate OS to SSD" to put my OS...
  10. IRST driver for Lenovo HM76 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRST driver for Lenovo HM76 Windows 10: Hello I am running a Lenovo Y580 with HM76 MOBO. I just did a clean install of WIN 10 Home and can't seem to figure out which IRST driver to install. Or the proper way to install it... I downloaded the 1 driver Intel has for WIN 10 on there download page but that did not work...