Windows 10: Locating My Computer on Windows 10

Discus and support Locating My Computer on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot locate My Computer/Computer on my laptop. I have followed all the steps but unsuccessful.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DiAnneWatson1, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Locating My Computer on Windows 10

I cannot locate My Computer/Computer on my laptop. I have followed all the steps but unsuccessful.

:)

DiAnneWatson1, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Unable to turn on Location in Windows 10

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

• Did you check if the same issue occurs when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator user account?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the steps to try and fix the issue:

Step 1:

Follow the steps to change the region:

a) Type “Region” on the Search and click on
    Change your country or region option from the search results.

b) Now choose the location from the drop down menu to change the region. (As per your location)

Move to the next step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to turn On Windows location platform on the computer and check if it helps.

You can follow the steps:

a) Type

b) Click on
    Change Location settings

c) Check the box which states “Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

e) Click on Apply.

Proceed to the next step.

Step 3:

If you are trying to use location settings for an app, I would suggest you to turn ON the settings to allow apps to use the location on the computer.

Follow the steps:

a) Type
    l
    ocation on the Search.

b) Click on
    Location privacy settings

c) Move the slider towards the right to turn ON settings for ‘Let Windows apps use my location’.

Restart the computer once after making the changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Location service in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Locating My Computer on Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Locating My Computer on Windows 10

1. Locating My Computer on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Locating Computer

2. Locate computer on my network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locate computer on my network: Computer on my profile is mor mine I would like location as I suspect whom is illegally accessing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-computer-on-my-network/e6f1a48f-5fe4-42dc-a7a0-4442769b865e
  3. Locate computer on my network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locate computer on my network: Computer on my profile is mor mine I would like location as I suspect whom is illegally accessing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-computer-on-my-network/e6f1a48f-5fe4-42dc-a7a0-4442769b865e
  4. Purchased computer and microsoft together at Best Buy. can't locate key or receipt with key...

Purchased computer and microsoft together at Best Buy. can't locate key or receipt with key...: Purchased new computer and Microsoft together at Best Buy. Can't locate key or receipt with key on it. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-computer-and-microsoft-together-at-best/8980c096-083e-4332-8e5a-b0003da9e832
  5. Purchased computer and microsoft together at Best Buy. can't locate key or receipt with key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased computer and microsoft together at Best Buy. can't locate key or receipt with key...: Purchased new computer and Microsoft together at Best Buy. Can't locate key or receipt with key on it. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-computer-and-microsoft-together-at-best/8980c096-083e-4332-8e5a-b0003da9e832
  6. Purchased computer and microsoft together at Best Buy. can't locate key or receipt with key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can a old computer game being located in two different locations cause a game not to play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a old computer game being located in two different locations cause a game not to play?: I have a couple of old Windows 7 computers, and they are used for basic computer gaming not the new high-tech "shoot 'em up" type. They are not connected to the Internet. I have the old Microsoft Train Simulator MSTS game from around 2000. I have 20+ original CD discs which...
  8. Can a old computer game being located in two different locations cause a game not to play?

Can a old computer game being located in two different locations cause a game not to play?: I have a couple of old Windows 7 computers, and they are used for basic computer gaming not the new high-tech "shoot 'em up" type. They are not connected to the Internet. I have the old Microsoft Train Simulator MSTS game from around 2000. I have 20+ original CD discs which...
  9. My computer is showing completely the wrong location - I live in New Zealand and it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is showing completely the wrong location - I live in New Zealand and it's...: I've gone into the windows settings, tried turning all the location settings off and on, tried setting a default location as the correct one, tried clearing location history, tried going into Services.msc to change Geolocation to Automatic, run a virus scan a few times in...
  10. My computer is showing completely the wrong location - I live in New Zealand and it's...

My computer is showing completely the wrong location - I live in New Zealand and it's...: I've gone into the windows settings, tried turning all the location settings off and on, tried setting a default location as the correct one, tried clearing location history, tried going into Services.msc to change Geolocation to Automatic, run a virus scan a few times in...